Friday, February 29, 2008

Frog in your throat?

During the week I make the kids breakfast but I don't have time to sit down with them. I am running around getting ready for work, getting their stuff ready for school and usually vacuuming and mopping the floor. (I do this every morning and every night. I hate crumbs.) Thank god for siblings. Before I had the Baby I had to sit there next to the Kid for EVERY meal. Now the two of them entertain and take care of each other. I highly recommend having two kids, you really get a lot more done.

On the weekends it's a different story. We have more time. The Kid likes to look through my cookbooks and pick out what he wants to eat. He ran across a picture of Frog in the Hole, not to be confused with Toad in the Hole.

Side note, the Baby, who honest - has really good pronunciation and is quite talkative for a 2 year old, he likes to say things...differently. Like when he insisted this guy's name was Hermik. Could not figure out what the hell the kid was saying, for the life of me.

Along with Frog in the hole, the boys are also found of my yogurt 'faces'. The coffee is for me.

If we don't have one of our 'big weekends' planned, then we do the usual, errands and head to Target where even more snacky goodness awaits us...

Frog in the Hole recipe, HERE.

Labels: ,

5 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

the hardest part about making those holey frogs is getting the egg cooked enough without burning the toast. I found that covering it at a lowish heat helped. but we like a firmer egg.

love that mug. and you're right. I always found it easier to do stuff when I had other kids over.

kat

Saturday, March 01, 2008 8:45:00 AM  
Anonymous cc said...

Shawn's grandma called it eggs in a basket.

We buttered the bread, liberally, on both sides put the heat on low and drop in the egg. We have a fried egg instead of scrambled, usually cooked over medium. It works pretty well as long as you don't break the yokes.

As for shopping with two kids, sometimes if I'm lucky they don't fight. But usually they do.

Saturday, March 01, 2008 11:25:00 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Awww my mom used to call them Popeye's and wouldn't scramble the eggs. I couldn't wait for Sundays when I was kid b/c that's the only time I'll make it. It's a big hit with my kids too and every now and then I like to eat 'em myself. I might just have to try them scrambled now though I do like sopping up the egg yolks with the bread.

-dina
http://s0niele.blogsome.com

Saturday, March 01, 2008 10:58:00 PM  
Blogger Jodi said...

You are a great mom. I'll just have toast. Thanks.

Sunday, March 02, 2008 1:52:00 AM  
Blogger Yvett said...

That's my son's favorite breakfast only we call it "Birds in a nest". Since Valentine's day, he now insists that the hole is in the shape of a heart.

Monday, March 03, 2008 8:21:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home