Thursday, February 07, 2008

I have always wanted to have a neighbor just like you,
I've always wanted to live in a neighborhood with you.



Yo if you live in our neighborhood you better mind yer biz. The Old Lady will find out what you are up to, even if you never even see her.

The boys and I took O.G. out to dinner. When I pulled up she was standing at the window, and waved. The first words out of her mouth when she got into the car:

O.G.: "Hey. The neighbors are moving!"
Jenn
: "Oh. What neighbors?"

O.G.
: "The ones in the back!"

Jenn
: "The girls?"

O.G.
: "No!"

Jenn: "The Birdman?"
O.G.
: "No, no the other ones!!"

Jenn
: "I didn't even know you had other ones. How do you know they're moving, did they tell you?"

O.G.: "WELL. This morning I saw the man and he didn't say ANYTHING. Then I saw a truck pull up and there were small boxes and bags. Then hours later a BIGGER truck pulled up and I saw a dining set, two chairs, a living room set. Then out came a bedroom set, then a second bedroom set..."
Jenn: "What the hell? You are like f*ing Snoopy McSnooperson! How long have you been standing at that window exactly??"
O.G.
: "Heh. All day. I'M KIDDING."

Jenn: "Sadly, you're not."
O.G.: "So then another truck pulled up...."

Labels:

7 Comments:

Blogger Jodi said...

Gotta love the O.G.!

Thursday, February 07, 2008 8:59:00 PM  
Blogger Nanette said...

HA! I totally thought it was going to end with the police showing up because the neighbors weren't really moving -- they were being ROBBED! ;)

Thursday, February 07, 2008 11:14:00 PM  
Blogger Lissete said...

We have names for our neighbors too! ;)
The Ladies, Shirtless, Man Servant...

Friday, February 08, 2008 5:21:00 AM  
Blogger Robin said...

Which is why it's good to live in a neighborhood with retired people. Noone can break in because too many people are ready to call the cops.

Friday, February 08, 2008 8:47:00 AM  
Blogger Mayieve said...

As I can see, when you live in that kind of neighborhood, you gotta get yourself some curtains!

Friday, February 08, 2008 9:58:00 AM  
Anonymous Ally said...

This is just like my grandma! She knows the business of EVERYONE in the neighborhood! She's got a great vantage point from the couch looking out the window. I'm serious... She knows EVERYTHING! When I visit her I'll sit on the couch opposite her while she looks out the window and she tells me all the goings-on of the people walking by her window...and the people going in and out of their houses. It's awesome!

Friday, February 08, 2008 1:24:00 PM  
Blogger sko_G knits said...

ok, i forgot to tell you. at the party, when dessert was being served i got up to get a cup of coffee. she looked at me surprised and asked "are you even old enough to drink coffee?"

Friday, February 08, 2008 8:49:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home