Tuesday, February 12, 2008

I'm in the business of misery, let's take it from the top

There is poo on my counter. In a bag. UGH. Motherhood bites.

It's been 10 days and the Kid's JPs have not stopped. The doctor said, "I'm not really concerned, however, IT MIGHT BE A PARASITE." Sure, that's not extreme. I'm sure it will go away by itself tomorrow but I went for the stool sample just to be safe. How I got this was a story in itself, and there was no poo touching involved, but I won't bother you with those details here. Email me if you want to know the trick. You know, in case you need to get some poo. God.

And of course, whenever the kids are sick, work tends to kick my ass hard. Architecture is unforgiving like that. Then I yelled at the Kid like the poop is his fault. Being a horrible mother is hard work. It's been a miserable couple o' days around here, let me tell you.

To take my mind off things I made up some valentines. I dug up some lovely stardream red cardstock and a bunch of glassine envelopes. I knew I wanted to make something with a window, so I came up with an envelope in an envelope.

I got mini (whee!) Pez, and some colorful candy hearts and put them in the glassine envelope. Glassine is perfect for this because it's light and soft - just right to show off the candy inside.

The Kid likes it mostly because there's no chocolate involved so he can eat it fine. I cut a window out of the cardstock and ...

...busted out the sewing machine. I thought it'd be cute to have some little stitches running around the edge. My extremely expensive sewing machine was not happy, but what can you do.

I apologized to the Kid for yelling at him and he didn't remember a thing. Yet I am scarred for life, of course. Well that was a lovely post. Poo and candy hearts. I told the Kid that unicorns poop candy hearts and I think he believes me. Man, I am a horrible mother.
.

Labels: ,

6 Comments:

Blogger Jodi said...

Cute valentines! You are a great mom and I think that's what your kids know. Hang in there!

Tuesday, February 12, 2008 9:48:00 PM  
Blogger jami said...

Well, at least there's another one of us (horrible mothers) out there. Glad I'm not alone.

You are great, and your kids totally know it, too.

Cute valentines! Much fancier than my potato prints :-)

Tuesday, February 12, 2008 11:09:00 PM  
Blogger Karen said...

At least you didn't get the poo under your finger nail.

Been there, done that.

Wednesday, February 13, 2008 7:16:00 AM  
Blogger Sizzle said...

you mean. . . unicorns don't poop candy hearts?!

Wednesday, February 13, 2008 7:25:00 AM  
Blogger Hilary said...

The valentines are so cute!

Jenn, where do you find the time to do all of this stuff? Do you sleep?

Wednesday, February 13, 2008 1:45:00 PM  
Anonymous Cousin Kel said...

I need the poo trick!??! Daycare just threatened to send the baby home with Rotavirus...

Wednesday, February 13, 2008 2:40:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home