Wednesday, February 20, 2008

I've fallen and I can't get up

SAY WHAT?
1. Martha Stewart has some seriously DIFFICULT recipes. Check this one out.

2. There will be a Smurfs movie. How timely.

3. Oh, In & Out. You disgust me. But I still look for your religious messages on your paper cups because it amuses me.

4. And the most 'say what' of all...

Yeah. So I went to Whole Foods this morning to buy the Baby some oranges (the way he's been screaming for them you'd think the boy had scurvy) and get myself some breakfast. Whole Foods has a breakfast bar which has some awesome chilaquiles. As I headed for the oranges, I blacked out and BAM - there I was on the floor with the wind knocked out of me. It's been raining here in SoCal, you see, and that coupled with an already slippery floor (Whole Foods must be overkilling on the wax), well I guess I lost my footing.

There was no one around to help me and goddam I was in a lot of pain. I felt like that old lady from the Life Alert commercial, only I was not old and having a heart attack - I was down on the produce aisle of a high end food store. I was on the ground for a good ten minutes. I finally grabbed the edge of the orange crates and pulled myself up. Still no one in sight. The store is a ghost town before 8am. I stood up, and did my best to shake it off. I even went to work. Cut to three hours later and wouldn't you know it, I couldn't walk. Hello hospital. SIGH.

I am not that clumsy and never fall. Considering I usually wear high heels, I rarely even trip! But this, this was not good. Yes I was wearing my heeled boots, but that wasn't the problem. The floor was wet. Sadly the first thing that came into my mind was, THERE'S NO WAY THEY ARE CUTTING THESE BOOTS OFF OF ME. MUST SAVE BOOTS!!

It's just a sprained foot thank god, and it's feeling better already, but still. I have never had crutches. Sure, I could sue Whole Foods but what would I do with a lifetime supply of hemp related products? No thanks. My consolation for the pain? Those were some damn good chilaquiles.

19 Comments:

Blogger Sizzle said...

that blows! i mean chilaquiles are goooood but not that good. hope you heal quick!

Wednesday, February 20, 2008 9:13:00 PM  
Blogger dapotato said...

their chilaquiles make my early mornings bearable on the days i get them.

i scream for oranges and love to sleep. i like baby already.

hope your ankle heals soon!

Wednesday, February 20, 2008 10:01:00 PM  
Blogger ComfortablyCrazy said...

1. Get well soon.
2. I wish there was a Whole foods near us
3. The Smurfs rock
4. I want the Snorks, and Gummi-Bears to come back.

Wednesday, February 20, 2008 10:08:00 PM  
Blogger the slackmistress said...

I bet their lawyer would hook you up with a doc that would give you a script for le marijuana. For medicinal purposes!

Wednesday, February 20, 2008 10:14:00 PM  
Anonymous Annika said...

Hmmm, I really want chilaquiles now.

No more falling over! Get better soon.

Wednesday, February 20, 2008 10:59:00 PM  
Blogger jami said...

Get better soon! I have been on crutches more than once and they are not fun. Hello, bruised armpits. On the upside, my biceps got really toned...

Ugh, just sit in the couch for a few weeks.

Thursday, February 21, 2008 12:02:00 AM  
Blogger jami said...

Um, that would be sit ON the couch. I'm not sure what sitting IN the couch would look like.

Thursday, February 21, 2008 12:02:00 AM  
Blogger APlanet4Creation said...

Take it easy! I've had to use crutches way too many times.

Thursday, February 21, 2008 4:49:00 AM  
Blogger deanna said...

I hope your ankle feels better! On the Martha Stewart recipe, I love the comment that lady made: "I have made it several times for my cat and myself."

Thursday, February 21, 2008 6:32:00 AM  
Blogger Will said...

Oh My, are you OK?

This would never happen in Tulsa.

Thursday, February 21, 2008 6:33:00 AM  
Blogger Karen said...

I bet they would have helped Martha up!

Get well soon!

Thursday, February 21, 2008 6:49:00 AM  
Blogger Maria said...

Wha? Hope you heal fast.

Thursday, February 21, 2008 6:53:00 AM  
Blogger alexis said...

OMG... that sux! How are you supposed to wear all those cute shoes now? Seriously, hope you feel better soon!

Thursday, February 21, 2008 8:23:00 AM  
Blogger ren said...

um...ow. but it's the "i blacked out" part that scares me. why did you black out? or do you mean it like "wiped out"?

Thursday, February 21, 2008 11:12:00 AM  
Blogger Jodi said...

Now I know why chilaquiles were never on my radar...and never will be...eggs. Evil, disgusting eggs!

P.S. Remember what I told you about the armpits. I'm serious.

Thursday, February 21, 2008 11:58:00 AM  
Blogger kristen said...

i'm with Ren up there. you blacked out first???? um, hello...scary!

glad you're alright.

Thursday, February 21, 2008 2:02:00 PM  
Anonymous myra said...

Oh my god! I smell a lawsuit. What are you waiting for? Wet floor? Totally their fault. Mama needs a new pair of shoes.

Thursday, February 21, 2008 2:16:00 PM  
Blogger justJENN said...

Blacked out meaning. Hello oranges. Wait now I am on the floor. I don't remember the inbetween.

Thursday, February 21, 2008 2:48:00 PM  
Blogger Yvett said...

Boo for the sprained foot.
Yea for chilaquiles! Red or green?
Smurfs movie, WTF?

feel better soon!

Friday, February 22, 2008 8:53:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home