Thursday, February 21, 2008

She wore lemon, to color in the cold grey night

Having a broken unusable foot sucks, in case you were wondering. Since I can't go out to get food, I headed to the kitchen. Sure, I'm supposed to be off my feet, but dammit, I'm hungry. I need one of those wheelie chairs, but just for my feet, the ones dogs use when they have broken hind legs. That's be great. Or maybe just a robot dog to carry my foot around. Awesome.

I like muffins/cupcakes purely because they are little individual servings. One little cup, just for me? Aw, you shouldn't have. I went through my baking supplies and found these little scalloped yellow paper cups that I had bought at a candy supply store a while ago. I bought them just because they were so pretty. The yellow made me think of lemon, which I just happened to have, so instantly the thought of fluffy little lemon cakes filled my mind.

It was like Cirque du Soleil up in my kitchen because I was on one foot, hopping around. Probably not the best idea, but what can I say. Usually when I cook or bake, I have a recipe, that I loosely follow, depending on my mood. Today I didn't have any recipe, I just kind of made it work. Still I wrote it down along the way, so I could make it again. Standing on one leg is not a part of the recipe, by the way.

I feel antsy when I am at home, and not at work. Like I should make the most of my free day. Instead I just surfed the net and made muffins. Phooey. If it wasn't for this sore foot I'd be running a marathon right now. Yeah right. I'd still surf the net and bake, foot or no. Ha.
While I was up, I made some cheesy ham and olive muffins for the boys, but I'll save that for another day. For now, this pegleg is going to rest. And eat cake. Mmm.



Little Lemon Cakes recipe, HERE.

Labels: ,

7 Comments:

Blogger Sizzle said...

If it'd make you feel any better, you could mail me cupcakes. Would that help you feel productive? Or maybe just charitable? ;)

Thursday, February 21, 2008 8:10:00 PM  
Blogger jami said...

I thought it was just a bad sprain? Poor you!

Thursday, February 21, 2008 8:17:00 PM  
Blogger joyce said...

I hope you get better soon..
You should really learn how to knit... It will make your day go fast and it's relaxing =)

Thursday, February 21, 2008 8:47:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

you should totally tell everyone you burned your foot on a george foreman grill.

kat

Friday, February 22, 2008 2:40:00 PM  
Blogger Michael said...

I'll be the first to buy a copy of your new cookbook -- The Gimpy Gourmet.

Saturday, February 23, 2008 9:20:00 AM  
Blogger Jen14221 said...

Girlfriend,
Please, for the love of God, get your husband to take the kids and get OG to bring you a book or a movie and GET OFF YOUR FUCKING FEET.
Take a break, woman!

Sunday, February 24, 2008 5:22:00 PM  
Blogger Nanette said...

Yeah, ditto Jen! Stay off your foot!

Monday, February 25, 2008 1:27:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home