Monday, February 11, 2008

Straight motherf*ckin ballin', Westside

I asked the Kid to go wake up the Baby. He and I are alike, we both automatically wake early, no alarms, just after 6am. The Baby has nothing on his agenda apparently, and will sleep as long as he can.

I watched the Kid open the Baby's door, tiptoe to the crib, then yell, "SUMMON THE BEAST!" DAH! I couldn't stop laughing. Apparently it's a line from the horribly lame sequel to Peter Pan. Now since they heard me laugh, the kids won't stop saying it. Crazy.

It's weird that I am on a soup kick, when the weather has turned and it's about 80 degrees here in L.A. Since the kids love mochi, I made up a batch of what I call, "Mochi Ball Soup." Think of it as an asian cross between Albondigas, and Matzo Ball Soup.

Keep in mind this is PLAIN mochi, not sweet mochi like these desserts. Nope. It also has pork meatballs and the little mochi balls have ham inside. I make the BALLZ tiny and bite size. The kids like it.
When I call the kids for dinner now, I yell "SUMMON THE BEAST!," of course. Hilarious.
Mochi Ball Soup recipe, HERE.

Labels: ,

7 Comments:

Blogger Sizzle said...

that is, hand's down, the funniest thing i've heard all day!

summon the beast. heh.

Monday, February 11, 2008 8:35:00 PM  
Blogger Nanette said...

That's totally our new band name. "Opening for Foo Fighters, it's 'SUMMON THE BEAST!'"

Tuesday, February 12, 2008 9:20:00 AM  
Anonymous Marci said...

OMG! I love that bowl!
We eat with chopsticks here and
my chopsticks are always
falling off if I set them on
the bowl!

I need to find some! :P

Tuesday, February 12, 2008 1:05:00 PM  
Blogger dapotato said...

the kids are hilarious. that soup looks great, but too many balls to make for lazy me. yes, i know you said it isn't that hard to make 'em all, but i'm still lazy.

Tuesday, February 12, 2008 1:39:00 PM  
Blogger justJENN said...

Marci, those bowls were from Crate & Barrel, but I don't think they make them anymore.

Wednesday, February 13, 2008 7:27:00 AM  
Anonymous Marci said...

Thanks Jenn!
I did a google search right after seeing them and found a few sites that have something similar. Haven't made up my mind yet if I wanna get some though!

Wednesday, February 13, 2008 1:53:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

the last place I saw similar bowls in person(with the stick cutouts) was at Cost Plus World Market.

kat

Wednesday, February 13, 2008 1:59:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home