Thursday, February 14, 2008

This evening has been - Been hoping that you'd drop in
So very nice - I'll hold your hands, they're just like ice

That last post was not meant to be a 'woe is me' but more of a venting. I just get annoyed with the internet sometimes, and think writing about our boring lives is, well, boring to read. Maybe it's the weird sunny+rain that's going on around here. I hate that kind of weather. Be sunny. Or be rainy. If it's both you are just confusing me and my choice of footwear.

Knowing full well that I am on the edge of a stress knife, and that a good night's sleep would do me good, the Kid woke me up at 5am to go poop. Just great. He sat on the toilet while I laid on the ground just outside the bathroom door and closed my eyes. It's like we were drunk bastards with hangovers or something.

Since he got us up and extra hour early, what else would we do at 5am but make popsicles! Er, yeah. Normally I'd make them from scratch, in little dixie cups, but for Christmas, sko_G gave the boys these cool ROCKET POP MOLDS. Awesome. I've been wanting to use them and 5am seemed like the most opportune time. (No it did not.)

The Kid and I filled them some of them with yogurt, and some with Rainbow Sherbet that we had in the freezer. The Rainbow Sherbet made for some purty colors.

The Baby was of course, fast asleep during this whole process. He is the laziest monkey. He wakes up late and groggy every morning and his first words are always, "BREAKFAST." Sheesh. Whatever your highness.

Just think, if the Kid wakes me up at 3am tonight, we can make a full on turkey dinner! Ugh. Forget that. I think I better make him a Benadryl pop - that'll give Mommy a full night's rest.

Fruity pops recipe, HERE. Or just go to Baskin Robbins and buy some ice cream you lazy monkey.

Labels: , ,

3 Comments:

Blogger jami said...

I'm totally a lazy monkey. Or at least, I aspire to be when the kids are old enough to get themselves out of bed, reach the milk and cereal I've left ready for them, and turn on the TV.

Cool rocket pops!

The interweb is glad you are still here, wearing any footwear you choose.

Thursday, February 14, 2008 10:10:00 PM  
Blogger Sizzle said...

haha, "I think I better make him a Benadryl pop - that'll give Mommy a full night's rest."

Friday, February 15, 2008 10:19:00 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

drunken popsicle makin' bastages...

you've been talking about deleting this thing an awful lot. I hope you don't you cranky-ass (sorry, but I've been wanting to yak for a while now over all the estrogen-y, kumbaya comments - didn't even hazard yesterday's).

you've managed to keep me reading about your boringness for I can't remember how many years - that is a feat as I have no attention span and find most things utterly craptacular.

hugs, kisses, yak - kat

Friday, February 15, 2008 1:21:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home