Friday, February 15, 2008

Thursday I don't care about you, it's Friday, I'm in love

Friday Faves:


1. The kids have been saying "NI HAO, NI HAO." Which is weird because we aren't Chinese. But they have been watching the new Nick Jr. show Ni Hao, Kai Lan, and it's pretty darn cute. She's like an asian Dora, and the kids are learning Chinese too. There's controversy about her being asian and having round eyes (oh brother, who cares.) but how can you be against a show that has a monkey named HoHo?? Or perhaps it's Jojo. And he's Spanish. HA.

2. I love Stella McCartney designs. And now she is joining forces with Le Sports Sac, the brand that brought us Tokidoki. I am drooling over her travel bags, but I believe I will have to sell my blood and first born to afford them. One very cause-worthy note is that she is a vegetarian and doesn't use leather in her designs, therefore the partnership with Le Sports Sac makes perfect sense. More than anything, anyone who has this as their home page, captures my nerdy heart immediately.


3. Barbara Kruger is one my favorite artists. In this L.A. Times article she 'shows us around' the new BCAM museum. The new museum is designed by Renzo Piano AND is full of contemporary art. A full floor dedicated to Richard Serra? Be still my heart. I can't wait to go.

4.
One weekend we were out exploring and it just so happens, in desperate need of a haircut. I ran across the cutest little kids hair cutting salon, which yes, was pricey, but considering I've been shaving their heads myself for 4 years, what the hell, they might as well look a little better than usual for once. It was pretty awesome because you got to sit in a ROCKET SHIP and watch ANY TV PROGRAM YOU WANT!!
So cool. I wish there was a salon like that for adults, cause I'd totally sit in a rocket ship and watch Project Runway.
The Baby chose Elmo & Tina Fey on Sesame Street. Watch it here, for yourself.

Labels:

7 Comments:

Blogger dapotato said...

i can't wait to go to BCAM, either.

the rocket ship salon chair is the best.

Friday, February 15, 2008 10:17:00 PM  
Blogger SAJ said...

I love the stella home page too!!!! sooo cute and sentimental!

Saturday, February 16, 2008 12:48:00 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thanks for sharing that Sesame clip -- loved it!

Saturday, February 16, 2008 4:47:00 AM  
Blogger Darlene said...

Actually, I think I'm more of a comicbookaneer myself.

Saturday, February 16, 2008 10:11:00 AM  
Blogger Nanette said...

I would totally go to a salon like that for adults! FUN!

Sunday, February 17, 2008 5:59:00 PM  
Blogger Jesser said...

Hubby goes to the grown up version of the rocket ship place. He sits in a "locker room" and watches sports while they cut his hair. He also gets a hot towel and a mini massage. It's like a $30 Great Clips haircut.

Must check out StellaSportSac and that Chinese show. Awesome.

Sunday, February 17, 2008 8:24:00 PM  
Anonymous Humphry said...

This cannot really work, I feel so.
rn salary | radiology technician salary | student grants for college

Friday, February 10, 2012 12:35:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home