Wednesday, March 19, 2008

Back 2 life, back 2 reality

I wish I could say that I have this pamphlet was because the kids are driving me nuts and I need 5 minutes to myself. Ha. Sadly, no the Kid has some health problems and surgery is scheduled. I feel like a horrible mother who has failed him.

This news, as well as a few other stressful worries has given me a one way ticket to Migraineville. That's a place you never want to visit. I have filled my body with as much Excedrin Migraine as I can handle, leaving me a woozy, vomiting mess. I'm a keeper, folks. But hey - the pain is gone, that's all that matters, right? Right? BLERGH.

To take my mind off of this impending surgery I took the kids out to a Farmer's Market. Spring is here and the weather is warm, now we can go out for our fruits and veggies. We strolled the aisles and took in the delicious smells of the pupusas, the sounds of fresh kettle corn and the colors of the fruits. The Baby kicked it in the stroller while the Kid darted back and forth yelling out the names of the veggies. "Why yes kiddo, that IS an organic pesticide free blue potato." (This is Los Angeles.)
Our haul included oranges (The Baby's favorite), strawberries and blueberries (I have dessert plans for these) and lemons (some for roasting a chicken, some for lemon cupcakes). We pulled over to the side and sat on a wall. The Baby quietly munched on his kettle corn, the Kid happily sipped his aqua fresca, and I stared into the warm sunlight and tried not to think about stressful things.

Labels: ,

16 Comments:

Blogger joyce said...

oh no! surgery...
i hope all goes well...

Wednesday, March 19, 2008 8:43:00 PM  
Anonymous cc said...

Boooooo to surgery and migraines.

As long as caffine doesn't make it worse, try this, a caffeinated beverage of your choice, coffee ice cream with chocolate in it and then Excedrin. Down the Excedrin with the caffeinated beverage quickly. Sometimes this takes off the edge. When I was pregnant I could only take Tylenol. :( So I did this to get the extra caffeine into my system to relieve the pain enough that the Tylenol would work. It did help, honestly.

Wednesday, March 19, 2008 8:52:00 PM  
Blogger Jodi said...

I love Kettle Corn! Nom, nom, nom. I could do without the lemons though. Seems everyone is all about the lemons right now. I'm glad you got out and weren't in pain. Having had my first migraine (I think) last weekend, I know what hell you were in. : (

Wednesday, March 19, 2008 8:59:00 PM  
Blogger Darlene said...

The trip to the Farmer's Market sounded like a nice diversion. Take care and wishing you and the Kid the best!

P.S. Ginger soda also helps out when I'm feeling stressed out and queasy.

Wednesday, March 19, 2008 9:04:00 PM  
Blogger jami said...

Hope all goes well!!

Wednesday, March 19, 2008 10:38:00 PM  
Anonymous cc said...

I uploaded "More Cheetos than Sandwich" on Flickr just for you.

I think I will pack a cheetos sandwich for the girls one day as a gag lunch. They'll probably love it.

Wednesday, March 19, 2008 10:59:00 PM  
Blogger Lora said...

yummmmmmmmmmmmm kettle corn! Can I be baby's best friend? Will baby share??
Oh no on surgery! It's never fun when the little ones need attention in that way! I stress over taking them to the dentist! I can't imagine how I'd be with surgery! Hang in there.
OOH Send me some spring please to New England!! It snowed yesterday. UGH

Thursday, March 20, 2008 4:19:00 AM  
Blogger Julie said...

Migraines suck...I actually take a daily maintenance med for them...Topamax...it's like magic...

As for the Kid...poor guy...scary stuff, for him and you...wishing him a speedy recovery... :)

Thursday, March 20, 2008 5:02:00 AM  
Blogger Lady Librarian said...

Poor Kid, I hope he's well soon. And poor you on the migraine front - only thing that works for me is lavender oil (inhaling, not drinking).

Thursday, March 20, 2008 6:31:00 AM  
Blogger dapotato said...

good thoughts for you and the kid. migraineville is no fun at all.

Thursday, March 20, 2008 8:10:00 AM  
Blogger Will said...

While i don't know The Kid I think he's awesome (the baby too) and you're the best mom ever. A bad mom wouldn't take him to the doctor. He will get all fixed up and he'll be fine. Try not to worry.

Thursday, March 20, 2008 9:07:00 AM  
Blogger alexis said...

Aww... poor guy! Hope he gets well soon.

Thursday, March 20, 2008 10:29:00 AM  
Blogger Sizzle said...

A farmer's market always cheers me up. I hope everything is ok with the kid.

Thursday, March 20, 2008 2:34:00 PM  
Anonymous Jenifer said...

I hope that the surgery corrects what's needed and you're not a sucky mom...no one is perfect and you're kids are happy. You rock!

Thursday, March 20, 2008 8:11:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'll be praying for you and sending my good thoughts to you and the Kid. You're a great mom! Editdebs

Friday, March 21, 2008 10:32:00 AM  
Blogger Mike said...

Best to The Kid! And yay, farmers markets.

Friday, March 21, 2008 3:13:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home