Sunday, March 09, 2008

Fierce. Hot mess.

I am an instant gratification kinda gal. Knitting, crocheting. It takes too long. So hand sewing falls into that 'I'd rather not' category as well. I leave that to the professionals. I like to just stick it in the sewing machine and zip! I'm off.

Today Jodi and I went to the Craft Magazine Demo and Release Party in...tadahh! - the Valley. (Just as I suspected, it was damn hot, for a Sunday in March.) We all got to make little felt monsters, which was a lot of fun but we had to hand stitch them. I admit, this was relaxing, and it was nice to just sit and kick it for a while. Jodi said that I am the 'Christian' of the felt monsters since I finished first. I like to get things done quickly, what can I say.
I think the tie makes him look a little more dapper. Jodi made a cupcake monster. The monsters were really easy and very inspiring. Afterwards, we went up to the top (drove not hiked, people, what are you crazy??) and went to the Hollywood sign. It was a nice clear day, perfect for picture taking.
It's hard to believe that I made it through the day with NO sweets. But we did visit a dog bakery. That counts, right?

Labels: , ,

4 Comments:

Blogger Jodi said...

Cool tranny monster. It's fierce.

Sunday, March 09, 2008 9:18:00 PM  
Blogger dapotato said...

i hate the valley. i love your monster's tie.

Sunday, March 09, 2008 9:23:00 PM  
Blogger the slackmistress said...

You can only be Christian if you catwalked with the monster!

Sunday, March 09, 2008 9:29:00 PM  
Blogger Mike said...

This worries me. Make it work.

Sunday, March 09, 2008 11:53:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home