Thursday, March 13, 2008

Good girl gone bad

Bad news:
Much to my dismay, my family reads this blog. Which is one of the many reasons I'd like to shut it down. Not because I don't want them to know stuff, but because nothing is more annoying than having one of them call you and say, "I heard you hurt your foot..." or if you tell them something, they somehow already know. That's why, unbeknownst to you, I actually don't talk about MOST of what goes on around here. Too bad, cause it's good stuff too. Sadly, if you want to know what's going on with me, you'll just have to speak to me directly. Poor you. If my family wants to know what's going on, fuck them.

Good news:

Holy crap-a-licious, I need this new mochi waffle maker to make moffles (mochi waffles, duh). And it comes in pink too? SO AWESOME.

Bad news:
Adam Corolla loves the Valley. I suppose you could list this as 'good news' if you, in fact, love the Valley too. His list of favorite eats, here. Top ten things I hate about the Valley? 1-9: It's hot. 10. It's far.

Good news:
This is only good news. Rachael Ray is finally off the air. THANK GOD. Her goth eyeliner and cigarette-y gravel-y voice were worse than her horrible recipes. This recipe is one of my favorites. Cause that's a recipe people, yep. Thank god she is around to tell us how to do it.

Bad news:
Sometimes you walk up to your car and there is a piece of paper taped to your windshield. Sometimes it's a ticket, sometimes it's a note that says, "Hey you're hot, call me." This was neither of those times. Instead I was confronted with this:

Yeah. Freakin' great.

Good news:
ANYTHING you buy in the store, now just $1 shipping. Can't go wrong with that.

Labels:

14 Comments:

Anonymous cc said...

The few times I watched RR I liked the recipes she made. I bought the cookbook and took it back. I would have used a total of TWO recipes. And they would have been majorly altered.

Thursday, March 13, 2008 5:45:00 PM  
Blogger Leslie said...

aww man! That note does stink- almost as much, or just as much as my driving into our mail box today. Man- that turns a good day bad really quickly!

Thursday, March 13, 2008 7:28:00 PM  
Blogger Caveman said...

I feel the same about Rachel Ray.
Thank god..

Thursday, March 13, 2008 8:05:00 PM  
Blogger Darlene said...

I absolutely miss living in The Valley. I was totally 818.

That sucks about your car. Hopefully karma kicks them back in the butt.

Thursday, March 13, 2008 8:33:00 PM  
Anonymous sarah said...

A google search (for a mochi waffle recipe) led me here, but your link to that Rachel Ray recipe just about killed me trying not to laugh out loud!! (sleeping 3-year old). thanks for the laugh!! (and the link to the salmon cake recipe, too!)

Thursday, March 13, 2008 9:19:00 PM  
Blogger joyce said...

sorry about the note =(
mmmmm...a mochi waffle...sounds good!!!

Thursday, March 13, 2008 9:47:00 PM  
Blogger The Flying Enchilada said...

Karma for hatin' on the valley

Thursday, March 13, 2008 10:07:00 PM  
Blogger m said...

Oh my god - moffles, where have you been all my life?

That's it, I'm changing my blog name to my little moffles.

MOFFFLES!!!

Thursday, March 13, 2008 11:55:00 PM  
Anonymous myra said...

Oops, that last comment was me. I was so excited about the moffles, that I hit publish by mistake.

Sorry about your car.

MOFFLES!!

Friday, March 14, 2008 12:00:00 AM  
Blogger CSG said...

no more blogging??? why don't you go private?

I'll miss you.

Friday, March 14, 2008 12:14:00 AM  
Blogger Jodi said...

STOP THREATENING TO QUIT BLOGGING! Sorry for yelling, but I couldn't help myself. Sorry about your car. That sucks. Blergh.

P.S. I think Darlene and I will get along quite well. We can talk about the wonderful Valley.

Friday, March 14, 2008 1:21:00 AM  
Blogger Jodi said...

Oooohh! Moffles. I didn't click the link, but am intrigued.

Friday, March 14, 2008 1:21:00 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I liked that recipe where that lady made it for her and her cat a lot. I guess cats don't do orange floats. hmm...come to think of it...I do think they're pretty horrible...

I told one of my favorite friends I'd stop typing if he didn't stop talking to me about what I had to say. it was weird. but surprise surprise...he stopped.

kat

Friday, March 14, 2008 3:17:00 PM  
Blogger Karen said...

I made the mistake of trying one of RR's recipes. It was muffin tin meatloaf. What could be better than mini meatloafs, right?

N-A-S-T-Y

Monday, March 17, 2008 10:57:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home