Wednesday, March 05, 2008

Gran: Talking to yourself dear? That's the first sign of madness, you know.
Eddie: Really? I thought it was talking to you.

O.G. in the hizzouse. Like I said, the woman loves beef. But in MY HOUSE, there ain't gonna be no beef eatin' for some time. All my griping even has the Kid trained, where, when we drive by an In & Out he says, "Mommy says the hamburgers there are rotten." Damn straight, baby. Not that my kids eat fast food anyway, but that's a story for another day. As far as today - I am staying away from ground beef.

So of course, O.G. who is always up to date on all the latest, calls me up.

O.G.: "Are you making dinner tomorrow?"
Jenn: "Yes. I make dinner every night."
O.G.
: "I know there is a beef recall. But maybe the kids would like some hamburgers?"

Jenn
: "Are you listening to yourself? NO. The answer is no."


I know it's hard to believe (not), but she actually called me back the NEXT DAY:

O.G.: "Hi. What are you cooking for dinner when I come over?"
Jenn
: "...what is it you want old woman?"

O.G.: "I was thinking the kids should eat meatloaf."
Jenn
: "You are f*ing kidding me. Did we not just have this conversation - I AM NOT FEEDING THE KIDS GROUND BEEF! Got it?"

O.G.
: "Hey. They're not mad cows. They're just...semi-sick cows."


The woman did not get her way and instead I made her a roast pork loin for dinner. It's fragrant and so easy to make. And the pigs weren't mad. Well, they may have been mad that they are now dead. But, you know.

O.G. liked this so much she didn't even ask 'where's the beef?'
Sweet Spiced Pork Loin recipe, HERE.

Labels: ,

3 Comments:

Blogger jami said...

looks perfectly cooked, too! it's so easy to overcook pork. which is sad, because it's so damn tasty. mmm... can't you taste the kosher...

Wednesday, March 05, 2008 9:36:00 PM  
Anonymous Kim said...

I have an awesome turkey meatloaf recipe if you want. The kid even has seconds.

Thursday, March 06, 2008 10:15:00 AM  
Blogger Jodi said...

I guess I should click on blog links more. I just don't do it and here I went and had an In & Out burger last night. Oh well. I'll see you Sunday. If I'm not dead.

Friday, March 07, 2008 12:30:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home