Friday, March 21, 2008

Don't be chicken.

I have a backlog of about 20 recipes that I still need to post up here. There was a time last month when I made a different type of muffin every day for a week. A muffin a day post was surely in the works...yet it has not appeared.

I can tell you I've been busy. CRAZY BUSY. I've even been trying to catch up on reading blogs but I get through people's two most recent posts and I'm all zzz. It's not you, it's me, baby. I feel like I don't know what is going on anymore.

It's probably because I'm spending so much time eating large amounts of food. Recently the family went out for a Sunday night dinner to, where else? Knott's Berry Farm's Chicken Dinner Restaurant. O.G. hates the poultry, yet she was totally up for going. Weird. I think it's the nostalgia of it. She said when she went there the first time dinner cost $1.25. I assured her that the prices have gone up.
While the prices have gone up, the flavor hasn't. And I mean that in a good way. This is down home, not fancy, Southern fried chicken. Just the way my family likes it. If we had a family crest I think there'd be a fried chicken leg on it. The amount of food you get for 'dinner' is insane. A salad, soup or rhubarb, homemade biscuits (drool city. So good.), breast+wing+thigh+leg, mashed potatoes and gravy, corn or cabbage (ugh, corn please) and pie or ice cream for dessert. Most people go for the famous Boysenberry pie, but me, I like ice cream. A hell of a lot.

Since Peanuts is now a part of Knott's - with a kids meal you get a Snoopy ice cream bar. The Baby actually screamed with excitement. I was pretty excited too, but you don't hear me screamin'.The wait for the chicken dinner? TWO HOURS, people. Get there early. We got there at 5 and only had to wait an hour. Only. Yeesh. If we had arrived a minute later? Forget it. The kids felt like they were being screwed over since we went to Knott's Berry Farm, but only ate chicken. That is, no rides. I assured them that Knott's was closed and all the rides were shut down for maintenance. ALL OF THEM. Uh. That's my story and I'm sticking to it.

Labels: ,

6 Comments:

Blogger Darlene said...

I *did* see something in the news about all the Knott's rides closing down for a while. I think something about a jam/jelly spill. Sorry kids.

Saturday, March 22, 2008 9:03:00 AM  
Blogger xtena said...

i think knott's f. chkn is better than honey kettle's.

Saturday, March 22, 2008 11:29:00 AM  
Blogger Jodi said...

I've made special trips to Knott's just to get Snoopy dog collars for my dogs. I didn't try the chicken though. Sounds yummy.

Saturday, March 22, 2008 12:37:00 PM  
Blogger Babs said...

That must be some hella fried chicken! Two hours???

Saturday, March 22, 2008 3:59:00 PM  
Anonymous Jenn said...

Hi! I wanted to let you know that you're one of the winners for the Horizon milk giveaway at The Domestic Diva. Congrats!

http://thedomesticdiva.org/blog/2008/03/22/horizon-organic-giveaway-winners/

Saturday, March 22, 2008 7:39:00 PM  
Blogger Carol Browne said...

Rhubarb, for dinner? I don't get it. Why? I've only had it with sweet things like strawberries.

Sunday, March 23, 2008 3:47:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home