Thursday, March 20, 2008

i, robot

I swore I wasn't going to watch this season, but did you see Top Chef this week? Did you see that lady slip on the floor in Whole Foods?? Hello flashback. I told you that place was dangerous!! My foot hurts just thinking about it. Also, how can you call yourself a chef if you don't know how to make souffles or blinis? Didn't these people go to culinary school?

So I know this guy. He likes cookies. He likes robots. He also likes his appendix, but we can't win 'em all. I decided that to make him feel better, I would make him some gingerbread robot/monster cookies. This was a better idea in my head and in my sketchbook. (I should show you but forget it, I am too lazy.)

I set to work making my favorite gingerbread dough and cut out squares for the head. Then I made up a royal icing to decorate. I think what throws me is the eyeballz on the monster/bots. They kinda scare me. But the Baby did stroll by and say, "I SEE WOBAHTS." Suddenly the Baby has become his own version of LOLcats.

Sure these monster/bots won't bring back Will's appendix, but they will make his tummy happy. While they look crazy, they taste pretty good and that's all that matters. Taste over beauty, my friends.

Labels: ,

9 Comments:

Anonymous myra said...

Robotastic!!! They are incredible!!

And the pez mouths - freakin' brilliant!

Thursday, March 20, 2008 10:56:00 PM  
Blogger jami said...

even if they did go to culinary school, i don't know how reheated/carted around blini could taste good... don't they want to be eaten right out of the pan?

Thursday, March 20, 2008 11:32:00 PM  
Anonymous tokiwa said...

Awesome! And I hope your son feels better.

What are the black parts on the eyes made of? Surely not nori?!

Friday, March 21, 2008 4:12:00 AM  
Blogger ZooKeeper said...

Will is SOOOO spoiled!

Friday, March 21, 2008 6:31:00 AM  
Blogger Darlene said...

I'm afraid those robot cookies will come to life!

Friday, March 21, 2008 7:25:00 AM  
Blogger justJENN said...

The eyes are royal icing eyes that I bought pre-made from a cake/candy supply store.

Friday, March 21, 2008 7:29:00 AM  
Blogger Hilary said...

Wasn't the slippage at Whole Foods sabotage by that asshat guy?

Which leads me to believe that maybe someone was sabotaging YOU when you slipped too. Hmmm...

Friday, March 21, 2008 8:36:00 AM  
Blogger Andrea said...

I'm coming out of hiding to tell you that when I saw her slip at Whole Foods, I thought of you. And how DANGEROUS Whole Foods can be! But I'll still get freshly-ground honey roasted peanut butter there. I'll just wear hiking boots or something.

Friday, March 21, 2008 8:43:00 AM  
Blogger Nanette said...

Haven't you heard? LOLCats are for loooo-hoooo-sers! ;)

Robots, on the other hand, are not - especially YOURS!

Friday, March 21, 2008 10:16:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home