Wednesday, March 26, 2008

I've got the golden ticket.

My Elmo cupcakes are up on the Hostess Blog today! Almost makes me want to have another party. Almost.

With Easter last week, yet another chocolate holiday has come and gone. The Kid, ever the trooper, opened his plastic eggs from school, only to find little chocolates. He'd hand them to me sadly and say, "Here. I guess this one's for you." So sad.

What he can have is white chocolate. Something I am not fond of but hey, at least he's not allergic. Something else I am not fond of? Cream cheese. I realize I am in the minority here, as I watch my coworkers lather the junk all over their morning bagels. Rather than vomit right there in the office kitchen, I grab my condiment free bagel and slink back to my desk like a leper.

But cream cheese does come in handy. In baking (like with the filled cupcakes) they smooth things out nicely. And when it's baked in there, it's not half bad, I gotta say. Still, if given a chance, I'd swap it out with marscapone, any day. I happened to have some on hand, but rather than make a trifle, I used it to make some chocolate chip muffins.

The marscapone added a really nice texture and made them soft and crumbly. Very muffin-y. That's a real word, right there. And the look of joy on the Kid's face when he saw that there were white chocolate ones just for him? Aw. It made his little chocolate-less life a little bit better.

Recipe for Mascarpone Chocolate Chip Muffins, here.

Labels: , ,

6 Comments:

Anonymous cc said...

Recipe link is not working. :(

Wednesday, March 26, 2008 4:38:00 PM  
Blogger Jodi said...

Me? I also hate cream cheese. Yesterday--free breakfast at work which included EGG burritos (GAG!) and bagels WITH CREAM CHEESE ALREADY ON THEM! Ugh. I was like, "Where are the donuts? No? I'm outta here." What a rip off.

Wednesday, March 26, 2008 4:39:00 PM  
Blogger Sarah said...

I too eat my bagels condiment free. Cream Cheese is icky. Do you like cheesecake? That's a big no for me.

Wednesday, March 26, 2008 4:43:00 PM  
Blogger Darlene said...

I'm with you. Cream cheese on bagels turns my saliva thick with puke.

Wednesday, March 26, 2008 7:09:00 PM  
Blogger Just Janice said...

I'm a toasted bagel with butter kinda girl myself :)

Wednesday, March 26, 2008 8:06:00 PM  
Blogger jami said...

Oh, I like cream cheese alright. I just am sad for your little guy that he has to be chocolate-free. That's no fun at all.

Monday, March 31, 2008 9:42:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home