Wednesday, March 12, 2008

Tell me, tell me that your sweet love hasn't died

All sweets, all the time.




1. Bacon flavored chocolate, now in pig form. AND, Maple Bacon Lollipops. Hm. Why I am nauseated yet intrigued?

2. Went to Akasha - the new hot restaurant in town, with Nanners. It is kind of Vegan, but definitely hipster, not hippie. I was not impressed with the food. The Vegan desserts? TO DIE FOR. Insanely good, though why would you put ice cream on a Vegan dessert? Lame-dash-oh. Who cares. It was amazing.

3. Guess what I got? Yep. Eyeballs. I went to Gloria's recently cause I am planning on making something super fantastic. More later.


4. Did you know that the Girl Scouts don't make the cookies? Keebler does! Whose parent company is Kelloggs! Well, I'll be damned. They should call them Elf Scout Cookies. I was a Girl Scout for one very short season. I remember working my ass off going door to door to sell them. I can't even imagine doing that nowadays. I wouldn't want my kid going to a stranger's house.

So when I see these girls pimping the cookies, I know how good it feels to make a sale - it really does promote teamwork not just your fatness, believe it or not. I always try to buy a box when I see them. These lemon ones are my new favorite. They are so damn tasty, and I love the design of the cookie. There's a little house in there!

5. I got the boys their first Shamrock Shake today. It's my first in YEARS. It tastes mint-y-licious and as good as I remember. I saw this commercial and kind of want a Shamrock Sundae, even if it looks like bile.

Labels:

8 Comments:

Blogger dapotato said...

<3 shamrock shake <3

Wednesday, March 12, 2008 9:34:00 PM  
Blogger Jodi said...

I've never heard of that trendy restaurant, but then you and Nanners are far trendier than I am! I had a Shamrock Shake yesterday. The McDonalds that is INSIDE MY WORKPLACE used to never have them. I would like a chocolate-mint shake, personally.

Wednesday, March 12, 2008 10:26:00 PM  
Blogger Julie said...

Jenn, it never ceases to amaze me how you can describe some foods and make them sound yummy and nauseating at the same time...it's like being in the paradox of the Matrix LOL

Thursday, March 13, 2008 5:01:00 AM  
Blogger Hillary said...

I have had 1 shamrock shake in my life. I was 6 years old. My dad picked me and my older sister up from school and took us to McDonalds for lunch. This was also a once-in-a-lifetime experience. I had the chicken nugget happy meal with a shamrock shake. My tummy was not used to so much junk food. I got back to school and puked chicken nuggets and shamrock shake all over my teacher. I was traumatized for life.
The End.

Thursday, March 13, 2008 11:54:00 AM  
Blogger Keely said...

I wonder how many points a Shamrock Shake is. :/

Thursday, March 13, 2008 12:22:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I couldn't get those lemon gs cookies here. they had some awesome ones before that they discontinued after we all got hooked.

IHOP has some horton stuff that looks...interesting. tho I think I hate horton as much as I hate that stupid bee movie by now.

kat

Thursday, March 13, 2008 2:03:00 PM  
Blogger Nanette said...

Wait, I thought you just didn't like your pizza, but you liked your onion rings and the desserts? So, two out of three shouldn't make the food "bad," should it?

Also, I had no idea about GS cookies and Keebler!

Shamrock Shakes rock my world, but only once every five years or so.

Thursday, March 13, 2008 3:08:00 PM  
Anonymous McCrum said...

Two things:

1 - I used to be able to talk about my Million Dollar Idea (the one you mention when you're drunk and think nobody will take you seriously). Now I see someone took choco-bacon seriously. Sorry about that if I was overheard somewhere.

2 -I have a friend who makes bacon and then maple-syrup glazes it. It's like a Canadian version of glazed ham, and quite a good appetizer. The lollypop tho? I'm not down with that.

Friday, March 14, 2008 5:48:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home