Friday, March 28, 2008

Tomato, tomatoe.

I don't know how it is where you live, but Spring is here - sunny, 65 degrees. The Farmer's Market is in full effect, yo. My kids are little fruit bats and can't get enough of the fresh stuff. When I went to get them berries recently I asked, "When is berry season exactly?" The grocer said, "Here? There is no season. Year round." That pretty much sums it up. Some things are just always good.

Like tomatoes. As a kid, I hated them, plain, mushy, but as I grew up my palette changed and now I know the different varieties and how to use them.
I only went to the market for berries, but when I saw these red chirpy tomatoes, I had to stop. I knew I wanted to roast them as a side for dinner. Nigella has a recipe for roast tomatoes, although hers is to 'Turn the oven off. Leave them there overnight.' Gross. I have a bacteria phobia so keep your crazy British thinking to yourself, lady.We had a dinner of tortellini soup, roasted tomatoes, as well as a quick fruit salad. I asked the Baby if he wanted a tomato and he said, "TOEMAYTOE, TOEMAHTOE." Where does he come up with this stuff?

Here for the Roasted Tomatoes recipe.

Labels: ,

3 Comments:

Blogger Jodi said...

I heard it is snowing in some places! Bwahahahahahaha! Seems too warm for soup even now. Boo, because I love soup.

Friday, March 28, 2008 6:55:00 PM  
Anonymous mika said...

hmmm..
it snowed all day today, I almost cried.
Kids were pretty excited, but since its the start of spring break we wont have any 'snow days' from school anyhow.

Friday, March 28, 2008 8:02:00 PM  
Blogger dapotato said...

baby sounds pretty damn cute.

my friend in seattle said it snowed earlier today. i bet she'd like some tomatoes tomahtoes.

Saturday, March 29, 2008 12:38:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home