Tuesday, March 18, 2008

Catwoman: You're the second man who killed me this week. But I've got seven lives left.

I go to a lot of toy stores. And sometimes...without the kids. I just like toys. They are fun and you never know what exciting little things you can find. Like this:

Of course the kids were with me on this trip and right when I told them, "WE ARE JUST LOOKING, NO TOYS FOR YOU," I saw this on the shelf. I freaked out. I grabbed it and even looked around to see if anyone was going to take it from me. Like a 10 year old.

Hello Kitty cookie cutters. Are you kidding me? I have been searching for Hello Kitty usable (not decorative) kitchen items and I had never seen this before. They were plastic, and I have a strict no plastic cookie cutters rule, but this was worth breaking it.

I bought them and took them home. I figured that the impressions would show better on a gingerbread, rather than a sugar cookie, plus I was not in the decorating mood, and just gingerbread alone, can be nice. I love the smell of gingerbread, it reminds me of all the houses we used to make.

These cutters are damn impressive. The prints are near perfect. Next I think I will use them to decorate the cookies with different colored fondant so it REALLY looks like Hello Kitty. Surprisingly, with all the baked goods I make, the boys don't eat much of it. They aren't really interested. They thought these were cool though - cause they wanted to bite her head off. Vicious!

Labels: , ,

13 Comments:

Blogger Nanette said...

GASP!!! Those are super cute!!!

Tuesday, March 18, 2008 1:25:00 PM  
Blogger Darlene said...

Adorable and in a cute plastic holding purse-thingie too.

Tuesday, March 18, 2008 1:40:00 PM  
Blogger alexis said...

So, where did you buy these must have cookie cutters???? I'm jealous. You have all the best stuff!

Tuesday, March 18, 2008 1:48:00 PM  
Anonymous sarah said...

We just got a set of these last month! (at the NJ Mitsuwa) We haven't used them yet -- gingerbread is a much better idea than sugar cookies!

Tuesday, March 18, 2008 1:50:00 PM  
Blogger dapotato said...

those are too freakin' cute.

Tuesday, March 18, 2008 3:14:00 PM  
Blogger Lilcee said...

OMG! Where did u find these? I want a set.

Tuesday, March 18, 2008 3:19:00 PM  
Blogger Yvett said...

F*CK! I totally want those. They are too cute!

I. Have. To. Sit. Down.

Tuesday, March 18, 2008 3:23:00 PM  
Blogger Rachel said...

So, so jealous!

Tuesday, March 18, 2008 6:04:00 PM  
Blogger michelle said...

i do not bake ... these make me want to bake many, many hello kitty cookies!

Tuesday, March 18, 2008 6:25:00 PM  
Blogger Jodi said...

I can vouche for the deliciousness of those cookies. Hello Kitty is yummy!

Wednesday, March 19, 2008 12:28:00 AM  
Blogger Jen14221 said...

I love them. Keep an eye out for Cars cookie cutters, Will would freak if I made him Cars cookies.
P.S. 7168677435

Wednesday, March 19, 2008 7:37:00 AM  
Anonymous myra said...

Aw man! WTF? First with the moffles and now this. Shit!

Please don't find any Choco Cat ones because I'll probably have to kill myself.

Wednesday, March 19, 2008 4:35:00 PM  
Blogger Maile said...

So cute! Even for us adults!

Wednesday, March 19, 2008 4:57:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home