Sunday, April 13, 2008

and the winner is...

Oh crap. SDCC is not sold out as I had previously thought. Now I am going to have to get myself a Free Hugs t-shirt and meet my stalkers. Yikes.

Seriously - I'm shocked at the response really. 100+ comments, wow! Who doesn't like free stuff, right? I like getting comments because then I know what people want, and recipes seem to be winning the race. I have PLENTY to post, so stay tuned.

If this weekend was any indication of the upcoming week, I'm in big trouble. I ended up in the ER (yes, again, dammit). Remember that fork that went through my finger 2 weeks ago? Yeah. Now it's infected. Great. And the lovely tetanus shot and antibiotics seem to be keeping me in a permanent state of nausea.

Not only that I have a HUGE deadline this week, and seeing as how I am responsible for a team of four people, I do not want them to work late - including myself. I certainly don't want to be labeled as the a-hole who left them to fend for themselves. I already feel bad that I have to leave early to pick up the kids everyday. Guilt is a b*tch.

And smack in the middle of all of this? The Kid's surgery. So yeah, we'll see if I survive this week. However, there's always time for...

THE WORLD'S BIGGEST DONUT. I told the kids I'd take them to the world's biggest donut, and when we got there they were like, WHAT. It's fake. Ok. So you can't eat it, it's still fun, right? Maybe not. But there were real donuts involved.
Randy's Donuts is an L.A. institution, immortalized on film, tv, videos, and I've been told, has the world's best tasting donuts. They were good, don't get me wrong. Not oily, nice glaze to dough ratio. But world's best? Huh. I still prefer my mini ones, what can I say.

And now what you've been waiting for - the winner of the big box o' stuff! Click HERE to see the winner...congrats - email me! And thanks for reading, seriously, I am constantly surprised that people find the world's biggest donut interesting. Or not. If you don't, don't hate mail me because I've had a rough week. But now I'm wondering, if I do die at the end of the week, does this mean my last memory will be of a giant donut? Blergh.

Labels: , ,

11 Comments:

Anonymous Sulkygrrl said...

I loved the reveal for the winner! -even if it wasn't me. :)

I pass by Randy's Donuts everyday on the way to work in El Segundo and have yet to stop. Good to know I'm not missing anything.

Have a good week!

Sunday, April 13, 2008 11:25:00 PM  
Blogger dapotato said...

ouch to your finger.
yum to the big donut.
boo to not being the winner.
awesome to the way you announced it anyway.

good luck surviving the week.

Sunday, April 13, 2008 11:32:00 PM  
Blogger Lissete said...

Loved your winner reveal photo. Although my name would look way better on that list ;)

Hurray for more recipes!

Monday, April 14, 2008 5:21:00 AM  
Blogger Cheryl said...

well, here's to winning the next one, eh girls??

eww, your finger!! once again... I feel faint.

oh yum, doughnuts. I could use one right now.

Monday, April 14, 2008 9:07:00 AM  
Blogger xtena said...

congrats to the winner at SC. Also, Randy's donuts are delicious! Randy's is Top 10 in Los Angeles. At work, we were trying to go through the list but some were too far to check out.

Monday, April 14, 2008 9:54:00 AM  
Blogger The Ex said...

Randy's Donuts is all about novelty. I enjoy seeing it but it never pains me to just drive right on by.

Monday, April 14, 2008 6:01:00 PM  
Blogger joyce said...

awww! i missed a chance at the giveaway... hope your week gets better...

Monday, April 14, 2008 7:07:00 PM  
Blogger deanna said...

Also loved your reveal and I made your pineapple upside down cupcakes. Pics just posted to my blog. Thanks for such a great recipe, people were shocked that I made something so good!

Monday, April 14, 2008 9:05:00 PM  
Anonymous McCrum said...

Last memory a giant donut? Why do you say this like it's a bad thing? Worse last memory: "Did I leave the stove on at work? Wait, work doesn't have a stov.... ugh."

I'd much prefer going out thinking about a giant maple donut or something nice.

Tuesday, April 15, 2008 8:10:00 PM  
Anonymous Will Keightley said...

Totally nerdy L.A. Art comment, but see that smudge on the rim just below the O & N? That's a little Space Invader. I'm glad to see it wasn't ripped off like all the rest.

Wednesday, April 16, 2008 9:45:00 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I could say I tried to cut my fingerprint off in honor of your infection, but honestly, I just wasn't paying attention.

kat

Wednesday, April 16, 2008 2:18:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home