Tuesday, April 29, 2008

DEEZ NUTZ

The Kid is over his pink eye. Yay! The Baby now has pink eye. Kill me.

So the other day Pink Eye the Kid came running up to me, frantic. He yelled, "MOMMY. They're after me, they're after me!" I was really worried, "Who's after you?" I said. The Kid said, "The squirrels, they think I'm nuts!" Good lord. I don't know who taught him that joke but it was very convincing. Now I just need to get him some props so he can be the next Carrot Top.

And so, nut-related, and in keeping up with me cleaning out the pantry, I have a nutty recipe. I bought pistachios at Whole Foods, and in a rush I didn't realize that they were UNSALTED. I do not like to snack on unsalted things. Give me a salt lick. Anyway, so I had this bag sitting in the cupboard and thought, what can I do with this besides bake? I thought maybe it would make a great crust on some salmon. So added a bit of this and that, and I gotta say, it's pretty darn good. If you like pistachios of course.

This went really well with my Ricotta Pasta recipe. It also looked swell served on a squirrel plate, yet another Fish's Eddy find. Just don't let the squirrels get ya.

Recipe for Pistachio Crusted Salmon and Creamy Ricotta Pasta.

Labels: ,

6 Comments:

Blogger design for mankind. said...

That food looks so so yummy!!!

Tuesday, April 29, 2008 10:33:00 PM  
Blogger Cheryl said...

HA! that kid is funny

Wednesday, April 30, 2008 9:36:00 AM  
Blogger jami said...

We just got to the phase of the oldie-but-goodie knock-knock, "Orange you glad I didn't say banana?" only my kid totally doesn't get the pun and says, "Aren't," instead. She has one other in her repertoire. I'll have to tell her the one about the squirrel.

Wednesday, April 30, 2008 2:20:00 PM  
Blogger Darlene said...

Were the squirrels that were after The Kid black squirrels? I've heard that those types go nuts over kids with pink eye.

Wednesday, April 30, 2008 4:31:00 PM  
Blogger dapotato said...

a friend of mine had a roommate who liked to leave their unscreened window open at night. one day, my friend woke up with a squirrel on his chest (it was a campus squirrel with no fear). apparently, it came in to eat their open can of nuts.

love the plate and fish's eddy.

Wednesday, April 30, 2008 10:34:00 PM  
Blogger Jodi said...

Reminds me of your post about "peanuts." Ha ha ha!

Monday, May 05, 2008 12:53:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home