Sunday, April 20, 2008

Fiesta. Forever.

A ton of tortillas fell into my brother's possession (don't ask), so this weekend we had Taco Night at the O to the G's. We had Tacos, chips and guac, horchata, all good. You can always tell who is the pop culture 'it' person of the day, because their picture is cut out of the paper and tacked onto O.G.'s fridge. When we were there it was David Archuleta of American Idol fame...WHAT THE.

O.G. said: "If that Davey Archuleta gets voted off, I'm NEVER watching again...EVER!" Harsh words, old lady. I'd be more inclined to believe her if she hadn't said the same thing when Clay Aiken lost. Apparently Ruben Studdard losing was "fixed" and "a conspiracy." Apparently she can't get over it, 5 years later.

I don't watch as religiously as she does, so I don't know the contestants names. I only know them at Big Head, the Rastafarian, that girl who sings bad, and that girl who looks like the girl that sings bad. I should probably stick to MILF Island.

I had been making her vegan recipes with no such luck, so I went the other direction and made her the most anti-vegan thing possible. Garlic Bacon Dip. I saw a teeny tiny tub of Bacon Dip at Whole Foods for $5 and I figured I could make the damn thing myself if I tried. How hard could it be. It must have been successful, cause she did NOT stop eating it.

While we were eating tacos she also busted out the newest Vogue, to show me sexy pictures of Apolo Anton Ohno (who also had a prominent place on the fridge at one time). Yeesh. I'm trying to eat here, lady.

Garlic Bacon Dip recipe, here.

Labels: , ,

3 Comments:

Blogger dapotato said...

O.G. is too cool. i feel like she's younger than i am.

Sunday, April 20, 2008 8:20:00 PM  
Blogger Jodi said...

Mmmm...bacon...

Monday, April 21, 2008 9:12:00 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

ok, so those look like corn tortillas, but they look straight out of the package. which, to me, is as good as raw. I know they aren't, but I've always had them either cooked in oil (and well drained) or in my enchilada casserole.

-kat

Monday, April 21, 2008 3:06:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home