Thursday, April 17, 2008

Hello Oscar. Mayer. Weiner lover.

Ok, did anyone else crap themselves when Jim got down and one knee? Man they are too good at making that relationship seem very real. Also, I have a verrrrry bad feeling about Jim+the engagement ring. But then again, maybe I am just letting the BBC version influence me.

It was nice to see the Office, well, back in the office. When we visited the set we saw their 'parking lot' and Business Park street. It was your typical industrial street in the Valley, really just non-descript. It's these episodes in the office environment that crack me up the most. I think because they are so relateable. I used to have to walk 5 blocks to work - and in Los Angeles? Let's just say you don't want to do that. Let's also say that my friend got stabbed walking those same 5 blocks, but you know, who's counting.

Speaking of the office environment, I brought cupcakes to work today. The Kid's teacher gave me some lemons so I made her a batch and took the extras to my office.
I made some lemon cupcakes, but I am not a fan of tons of frosting, so I decided to cut the tops off, cut out a cute little heart in the center. Then I made some lemon icing, tinted it pink (to show through the heart cutout) and frosted the underside - then put the top back on. (Sort of like those cookies with the jam.) Anyway, it added up to just the right amount of frosting to cupcake ratio if you ask me. And all very lemon-y, my fave.

They MUST have been good because they were gone in an instant. All the girls in my office are on a diet and these girls range in size from a size 2 to a size 4. (Sadly, I'm not joking.) So you know, they could totally fit in an average size rowboat without capsizing.

Go here for the Pink Lemon Cupcakes recipe.

Labels: ,

9 Comments:

Blogger The Daily Randi said...

Okay....Those look Goooooood.

But after Eating Them, I fear my rowboat Would crash.

xoxo,
TDR

Thursday, April 17, 2008 11:10:00 PM  
Blogger Sarah said...

Those are almost too pretty to eat.

Almost

Friday, April 18, 2008 8:08:00 AM  
Anonymous Marci said...

Ugh, those look soooo good!

Friday, April 18, 2008 10:21:00 AM  
Blogger ib73 said...

Jim, The Office- LOVE!!
Pink lemon cupcakes- NEED!!

Friday, April 18, 2008 11:52:00 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

they could ALL fit with no fears.

-kat

Friday, April 18, 2008 11:54:00 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I love your blog but please put spoiler alert before you write something like that!!

Friday, April 18, 2008 5:53:00 PM  
Blogger justJENN said...

Uh, it's a whole day later. I just stay off the internet when I don't want to know the endings...

Friday, April 18, 2008 8:40:00 PM  
Blogger Jodi said...

The Office last week was better than the first new episode at least. Still waiting for the writing to get back into high gear. I'm also feeling a little weird about the Jim and Pam thing, but that's probably just me. I guess what I really need is...MORE DWIGHT!!!

Monday, April 21, 2008 9:07:00 AM  
Blogger Mary Fairlight said...

OMG those cupcakes/lemon bars look AMAZING! I LOVE the michael comment about the oscar meyer weiner. I seriously think that it was the best/most awkward comment ever made on the show.

Thursday, April 24, 2008 8:21:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home