Saturday, April 05, 2008

I want the world. I want the whole world. I want to lock it all up in my pocket. It's my bar of chocolate. Give it to me now.

There are a few places that I always stop at while I am in New York. One of them is Vosges Chocolates. Admittedly it's mostly because it's right down the street from the Kate Spade flagship store. ~ahem~

Artisan chocolate isn't for everyone, but I like to go in and see what new concoctions they've come up with. The caramels are fantastic. All the chocolates are - you can tell they really put care and love into their flavors.I have a soft spot for cocoa nibs and chicory coffee, but the rest of their exotic chocolate bars really are...exotic. Ginger wasabi chocolate. Curry coconut chocolate. The kalamata olives and chocolate is a bit of a stomach turner for me. But if the name Vosges is foreign to you, here's what they are most famous for: The Mo's Bacon Bar. Everyone's heard of it. Bacon+chocolate. Oddly enough the olive chocolate bar sounds more disgusting to me. Anyway - I will tell you, it is in the hizzouse. Sitting on my kitchen counter...
Chicory coffee. Bacon. Seems like I just need a Cadbury Egg and my breakfast is set.
Ew.

Labels: ,

8 Comments:

Blogger the slackmistress said...

These all sound delightful. Salted caramels are my absolute favorite. If, y'know, I are sugar...

Saturday, April 05, 2008 10:28:00 PM  
Blogger the slackmistress said...

Erm, ATE. I am not sugar. Sadly.

Saturday, April 05, 2008 10:29:00 PM  
Blogger marzi said...

the bacon bar is my favorite. i'm all about the salty sweet thing. mmmmmm.....

Sunday, April 06, 2008 6:07:00 AM  
Blogger Rachel said...

I love Vosges!! Love, love love.

Sunday, April 06, 2008 6:33:00 AM  
Blogger Darlene said...

I just bought the bacon chocolate bar and it's quite interesting. I don't think I've made a decision about it yet.

Sunday, April 06, 2008 8:15:00 AM  
Blogger dapotato said...

love vosges. still unsure about the bacon chocolate, though.

Sunday, April 06, 2008 12:26:00 PM  
Anonymous McCrum said...

The bacon bar needs more bacon.

Sunday, April 06, 2008 8:16:00 PM  
Blogger madretz said...

The Barcelona bar is my favorite. So worth the $7. I went to their "boutique" in Chicago and they let me sample the bacon bar...I'm all for salt and chocolate but the bacon didn't do it for me. I get my fix from Whole Foods tho, they feed my Vosges obsession every other month or so.

Saturday, April 12, 2008 9:41:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home