Thursday, April 24, 2008

If I'm dead - you guys have been dead for weeks.

This Office cracked me up. I liked how the story was split in two - and both were equally as comedic. I think Mindy Kaling being the writer for this one had a lot to do with that, her shows always carry funny all the way through. Dwight. He always has the mad skillz. I think if I was trapped in my office I'd hop the fence too, or do whatever I could to claw my way out.

Am I the only one watching both Top Chef and Hell's Kitchen? I'd like to stop watching Hell's Kitchen cause those people are not chefs, they can barely cook, but I do love me some Gordon Ramsay, I should probably just stick to my tivo full of Kitchen Nightmares. Whereas Top Chef, I can watch for days. I wish that show WAS daily, I adore it so much. I love to see how they put their dishes together. I was kinda sad to see the chefsbian leave. I liked her, I thought she'd be in the finals, actually. Meanwhile, Padma, first Indian supermodel ever, is so skinny it makes me feel like binging and purging.

And speaking of eating, today I ate my weight in food. Rarely do I get three meals a day, I just don't have the time. Usually I just have time for one - but today, my deadline's done, the kids were healthy (for once) and in school, and I had nothing but time. Time to eat. Chilaquiles for breakfast. Flautas for lunch. Pasta and salmon for dinner. Which brings me to the question, cheesy baby or fat burrito? It doesn't really. I just wanted to show you that link. It's no wonder I don't eat like this every day. I'll never be an Indian supermodel.

Labels: , ,

13 Comments:

Blogger Jodi said...

Best episode of the season so far. Finally. I made the comment that Mindy had written it and maybe that made a difference. The first two were just...bizarre. This felt like The Office was back. And last week I said, "It needs more Dwight!" and that's what we got. I breathed a sigh of relief.

I have to catch up on my Gordon Ramsay shows. I'm glad BBCA is running The F Word again because I missed it when it ran before.

Friday, April 25, 2008 2:26:00 AM  
Blogger Jen said...

I'm watching both Hell's Kitchen and Top Chef, and I feel like you do. The HK chefs are pathetic, whereas the TC chefs are awesome. I think the only reason I stick with HK is because it's on right after American Idol, and it's not on too late. That's my biggest beef with TC. I can hardly keep eyes open to see who gets the boot at the end.

Also: funniest Office is a long time. So great!

Friday, April 25, 2008 6:37:00 AM  
Blogger Darlene said...

It's my first season watching Hell's Kitchen and it makes me cringe but I can't stop. It's like watching a train wreck. But I lurves me some Top Chef -- great show. Any one on that show can kick some Hell's Kitchen azz. And Office -- it's back on track.

Friday, April 25, 2008 6:58:00 AM  
Blogger Jesser said...

I am lurving me some Top Chef. That show rocks. I ♥ Stephanie and Rich and that crazy NZ guy. Do not like Andrew OR the girl with all the piercings.

But I cannot get into Hell's Kitchen. I've watched part of two eps and they can't cook and all the wanna focus on is the "drama." Nothing can make me abandon a reality show quicker.

Friday, April 25, 2008 7:31:00 AM  
Blogger Sarah said...

This episode was fabulous. I laughed out loud, watching it alone. That hasn't happened in a while. I loved "How Dare You?" I thought it was hilarious.

Friday, April 25, 2008 8:18:00 AM  
Blogger Sarah said...

Oh no! Just saw Jesser dissed Andrew. I LOVE him. He's my little ADD mess.

Friday, April 25, 2008 8:20:00 AM  
Blogger dapotato said...

i am so behind on both the office and top chef, the only shows i currently watch. sad.

Friday, April 25, 2008 9:37:00 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I only see what's on the soup for those cooking shows. which may be a lot.

did not watch the office yet but I am SURE it was dvr'ed this time.

-kat

Friday, April 25, 2008 2:55:00 PM  
Anonymous Laura said...

Hi justJENN!

This is off topic, but I remember that you said that you often mail your baked goods? Do you have any tips on mailing cupcakes? Or perhaps I'm completely off base here...
Regardless, any tips would be greatly appreciated! Thanks!

Laura

Friday, April 25, 2008 7:27:00 PM  
Blogger Sizzle said...

The Office was cracking me up! He's moving to Costa Rica? Yeah right.

Friday, April 25, 2008 9:16:00 PM  
Blogger justJENN said...

Laura,
I mail everything BUT cupcakes. If they are frosted, there's no good way to get 'em there unless you bake them in a jar.

If they are NOT frosted, like my lemon heart cupcakes, or the jelly donut ones I made, then yes, you can mail them in a box that has holder for cupcakes, or buy those individual cupcake holders, made of plastic. Those are awesome for transport.

I have tips for mailing other baked goods, but I have a feeling you mostly want to know about cupcakes. Thanks.

Friday, April 25, 2008 10:51:00 PM  
Anonymous Melina said...

My son and I are revisiting Season 2 right now, but this episode was one of the best evar! When Dwight said something about "Tolkien character" to the little person, we all just laughed OUT LOUD.

My daughter and i watch Top Chef religiously, especially Pancake Sandwich (Padme Whateverherlastnameis). Cannot get enough of this show. Best!

Saturday, April 26, 2008 6:06:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

finally saw the office - thought it was kindof stupid. mostly the ryan line.

loved the end of 30 rock tho.

-kat

Monday, April 28, 2008 1:55:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home