Wednesday, April 23, 2008

It's never changing, can't you hear me, I'm saying - I want you for the rest of my life

Let me ask you a question, what is your go to food? Like, what is your comfort food that you LOVE to eat? Me – I always go for taquitos with fresh guacamole. I’m fairly sure I’d want that to be my last meal.

My kids, like most kids, love mac n’ cheese. Sometimes I do indulge them by buying that horrible 99 cent boxed stuff, but you know I hate that. Mac n’ cheese can get pretty old too, at least for me, who has to eat it as well. So I came up with a more ‘adult’ version, that the kids seem to like just as much. When it comes down to it, there’s cheese. There’s pasta. What more could you want.

I use small pasta shells and ricotta cheese to make a nice creamy sauce. It’s simple and quick, cause you know, time is not my friend.

You know what would go good with this pasta? Rolls. Especially RICK ROLLS*. However I do love me some Spock Matza, too.

Creamy Ricotta Pasta, recipe.

*Thanks for sending this to me Darlene. You are truly a good friend.

Labels: ,

13 Comments:

Blogger the slackmistress said...

Los Tacos is my new comfort food. Sadly it's another 30 days before I'm allowed to have it again...

Wednesday, April 23, 2008 5:13:00 PM  
Blogger justJENN said...

WHAT. Your tacos have an expiration date? Dios Mio.

Wednesday, April 23, 2008 5:22:00 PM  
Blogger Jodi said...

This comment has been removed by the author.

Wednesday, April 23, 2008 5:52:00 PM  
Blogger Jodi said...

Pizza. And now that I can get a good pizza again, I have it at least once a week. I'll have other pizza any other time too.

That's my primary answer. If there is no pizza available, there are plenty of other foods that I can comfort myself with. Hmmm...maybe that's why I'm so fat.

Wednesday, April 23, 2008 5:55:00 PM  
Blogger Jodi said...

This comment has been removed by the author.

Wednesday, April 23, 2008 5:55:00 PM  
Blogger Darlene said...

Hey! Now you can say that you can eat Rick Astley if you want. I think Rick Astley and cheese go together hand in hand.

Wednesday, April 23, 2008 6:19:00 PM  
Blogger Nanette said...

Mac n cheese and grilled cheese sandwiches are my go-to foods.

I'm *this* many! (holding up 4 fingers)

Wednesday, April 23, 2008 6:40:00 PM  
Blogger ZooKeeper said...

Potato chips. I want to be comforted, cooking is not comforting to me so I reach for the bag o' salty goodness. Or potato soup, but only in the winter and only my homemade version (I will cook only to be able to taste its yumminess.) Which I would gladly share the recipe if anyone is interested.

Thursday, April 24, 2008 6:44:00 AM  
Blogger Yvett said...

Soup. I *LOVE* soup. I can go on and on about how much I love it and all the kinds I love the most, but you get the idea.

Thursday, April 24, 2008 8:14:00 AM  
Blogger Sarah said...

Mine is pizza too. It is a dangerous food.

Thursday, April 24, 2008 8:29:00 AM  
Anonymous John said...

Favourite - Thai Green Spinach Soup - absolutely fantastic although it sounds, and looks, dreadful.

Least favourite - Macaroni Cheese!

Thursday, April 24, 2008 8:43:00 AM  
Blogger Cakespy said...

Corn muffins and chili! OH YES!

Thursday, April 24, 2008 10:03:00 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

any sort of potato. but especially smashed and baked.

your pasta looks lovely. I'm not a fan of the blue box either, but if you stir in a couple of american cheese slices, or some salsa, it's pretty good. I also have a killer recipe that involves cottage cheese and a blender.

kat -who's word verification was almost her last name.

Thursday, April 24, 2008 3:41:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home