Tuesday, April 22, 2008

It’s understanding that makes it possible for people like us to tolerate a person like yourself.

Things I don't understand, #1:
How Disney can be all up in anyone's grill who goes near their copyright infringement, yet they put out a Disney version of Tokidoki, and that's ok? Sure, they are half the price of real Tokidoki's and only available at Disneyland, but....Whatever. I bought three of them. Shut up.

Things I don't understand, #2:
We all have those friends. The ones that are dating total losers, and everyone else can see it but them. What is with these girls? My sisinlaw is in that club. You know the one, "Smart women, bad relationships." I'm sure that was a Maury show at one time or another.

Things I don't understand, #3:
Why is it, that when O.G. comes over she always has a bag of junk with her. Old magazines, stained tupperware, 1/2 a danish. Where does this junk go? Cause when she leaves my house? She is always empty handed.

Things I don't understand, #4:
How my boss can work us all into the ground, and NOT recognize that it's Admin Assistant Week. He does this every year. And every year I am the only one to bring it up, and give them all something. My life would be hell without them. It's hell already, but it'd be even more hellish if I had to type and copy my own junk. This year? I'm making cookies.
Cranberry Oatmeal Chocolate Chunk Cookies. Yes, in my pantry I had cranberries. Oatmeal. And chocolate chunks. Why do you ask?

Cranberry Oatmeal Chocolate Chunk Cookies
recipe.

Labels: , , ,

10 Comments:

Blogger the slackmistress said...

You'd think that remembering the Admins would just be good business, because no one can eff your shit up like an admin.

Tuesday, April 22, 2008 9:48:00 PM  
Blogger Nanette said...

You're a good boss, Charlie Brown, even if you support Disney's hypocrisy. ;)

Tuesday, April 22, 2008 10:15:00 PM  
Blogger dapotato said...

because your boss is like most bosses i've met in this industry.

those cookies look good.

i just got a friend mad at me for being a little too blunt about #2. ah well.

Tuesday, April 22, 2008 11:14:00 PM  
Blogger Jodi said...

You had me at Disney Tokidoki bags. I'd love to see the different designs! Oh my! Too cute!!! (Sorry...didn't even make it through any more of the post after that!)

Tuesday, April 22, 2008 11:28:00 PM  
Blogger ZooKeeper said...

#1 Why does Jenn get all the cool stuff and why do I have to live in PA, the land of uncool?

#2 Why does my sister insist on dating random guys from Myspace?

#3 I dunno. Check under the kids beds.

#4 I'm an admin asst and every year I have to remind them to take me to lunch.

Wednesday, April 23, 2008 6:58:00 AM  
Blogger Sarah said...

I have a #2 only it's the opposite. And he just proposed to the evil beast :(

Wednesday, April 23, 2008 8:13:00 AM  
Anonymous sulkygrrl said...

Love the little Red Riding Hood glass in the photo. :)

Wednesday, April 23, 2008 8:22:00 AM  
Blogger Cheryl said...

I am so in love with that bag. Which store sells it? I just went to Disneyland, but I didn't go into a single store on Main Street, so I missed it. =(

Wednesday, April 23, 2008 8:39:00 AM  
Blogger Sizzle said...

I'd like to hang out in your pantry for a day.

Wednesday, April 23, 2008 12:44:00 PM  
Anonymous Jessica V. said...

My husband's corporate office is so out of touch with what their employees do that they sent thank you cards and $50 cash to all the admin assistants in his division, which is great, except there are only 2 actual assistants and corporate sent 15 gifts. One for each woman in the office. Apparently in that company, if you have a vagina, you must be a secretary.

Wednesday, April 23, 2008 5:00:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home