Sunday, April 06, 2008

Oh toodles!

Of course we went to Disneyland on Friday, where else would we go? The funny thing is, we saw other kids from the school - since it was closed and all. Taking two kids anywhere by yourself is a daunting task, but the Happiest Place on Earth is a big feat. Luckily they are a little bit older, and since we go so often, it's like our second home. (If you ever want to know the ins and outs of the cleanest bathrooms, tastiest food and cheapest souvenirs, just ask me. I could write a book.)Since we go to Disneyland so often - every other week or so - the way I keep my sanity is to keep our visits to 5 hours or less. This includes drive time to and from the park. My kids are trained to get in and get out and avoid the crowds. Seeing as how tourist season is kicking up, that means only 3 or 4 rides, and lunch. It also means we get home for an afternoon nap in our own beds, and I can cook a healthy dinner.

As I've stated, I'm not happy with my kids eating out, but sometimes you gotta go what you gotta do. It's not just the quality of the food, but the insane prices too. Luckily I get a discount in all restaurants and stores. Also, these new kid's meals boxes made the fast food go down a little easier. They got me really excited cause if you know me, I love simply, clean line art like this. I thought the new interpretations of the characters were adorable, and I thought it was sweet they way they showcased the different rides.Even though we are only there for half a day, I still get worn out. But here's how I cope - I love boat rides. Why? Cause I sleep. Honest - once we are filed into our little sea crafts, I have my arms around the kids, but I pass out like nothin'. It's the rocking motion I guess. Even though it's only 10 minutes (take note, boat rides are the longest, people!) it's the best cat nap in the whole world. Then you can get out and be refreshed for the rest of your day. Pirates of the Carribean, It's a Small World, those are my FAVORITE rides. Not that I ever see them. zzz...

I found this list of the ride lengths of all the Disney World rides. I plan to use the lengths of similar rides at Disneyland to see if I can get maximum nappage next time we go. Oh if only they had "Backlot Tour" here. 35 minutes? Dang, that is a nice nap.

Labels: ,

5 Comments:

Blogger dapotato said...

you should write a book. i bet it'd sell a lot of copies.

again, cool mom. i hate disneyland. i'm going to be the "meanest" most boring mom ever. :)

the happy meal boxes *are* cute. sucker me would probably eat the kids' portion just to get the dang box.

Sunday, April 06, 2008 8:19:00 PM  
Blogger Jodi said...

Yay--Disneyland!!!

Sunday, April 06, 2008 11:01:00 PM  
Anonymous amanda said...

If you ever want to know the ins and outs of the cleanest bathrooms, tastiest food and cheapest souvenirs, just ask me. I could write a book.

I'd like to know all of the above! Every time I go to Disneyland, I get so overwhelmed, it'd be nice to know.

Sunday, April 06, 2008 11:01:00 PM  
Blogger Cate said...

So jealous that you live so close!

Monday, April 07, 2008 11:21:00 AM  
Blogger The Daily Randi said...

I think I need to put TAF on The Same Schedule as your kids the next time we go to Disneyland.

xoxo,
TDR

Tuesday, April 08, 2008 12:47:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home