Monday, April 21, 2008

Pretty in Pink

So as if a fork through my finger wasn't bad enough. Then the Kid's surgery last week, which did not go so well - in case you were wondering. No, the Russian Roulette of health woes constantly delivers me the bullet. Yep. The Kid woke up with Pink Eye. Of course this is the week that I am on a huge deadline that requires tons of overtime and I would look like a dick if I left, while the rest of the team that *I* manage, stayed. Isn't that always the way.

He doesn't have just regular old Pink Eye either, he has to have the raging oozing, gooey case. ~insert vomiting here~ Forget Pink Eye, I have a bad feeling that my boss is going to give me black eyes for missing even more work. So I tried to quickly think up scenarios on how to handle this situation:

1. Put a pirate patch on him and send him off to school anyway. Who'd know? 'He just likes to dress up. No. Seriously. No don't take that eye patch off...damn.'

2. Make a small bed for him under my desk at work a la George Costanza. I could just throw crackers to him now and again and my boss wouldn't be the wiser. Though he might wonder why there's a full Thomas Train station under my feet.

3. Leave him home by himself. I bet he's capable. Even though he's just four years old, in the mornings he goes and gets the Baby from his crib, gets him yogurt for breakfast - complete with spoon as well as cereal. Then he cleans up all the dishes. How fantastic is that? He's like a mini-maid! When I jokingly wondered aloud that this was the way to go, he said, "Mommy. The policeman will come and take you away if you leave me alone." Point taken, Kid.

So the Kid is on no less than FOUR medications for his various illnesses. This one killed me:
How disgusting does this sound?? Come on, man. The Kid has enough to deal with, now he has to chug down some salmon cherry juice? We just can't catch a break around here.

Labels:

12 Comments:

Blogger alexis said...

Aww... poor kid. Salmon cherry-flavored medicine... ummm...ewww! I like how it says "Patent pending"! LOL

Monday, April 21, 2008 9:48:00 PM  
Blogger Mike said...

Sorry to hear the Kid's surgery didn't go so well. As for the medicine, also bummed to see that the Kid apparently can't chug the stuff while baking in a tanning bed.

Tuesday, April 22, 2008 12:20:00 AM  
Blogger Darlene said...

Solution? Hire the Kid as an intern for your office for as long as he is sick BUT a slacking, sleeping intern. That way you can keep an eye on him.

Hope he feels better and is enjoying his meds.

Tuesday, April 22, 2008 7:17:00 AM  
Blogger Nanette said...

Man, the Kid (and Mom) just can't get a break, huh? :(

Tuesday, April 22, 2008 8:15:00 AM  
Anonymous Annika said...

I think I'm going to vomit. Salmon-cherry? Bleh.

Tuesday, April 22, 2008 8:22:00 AM  
Blogger Robin said...

I hope they meant 'almond'.

Tuesday, April 22, 2008 8:23:00 AM  
Blogger dapotato said...

yikes. to the ooze, to the not-so-good surgery, and the salmon-cherry.

Tuesday, April 22, 2008 8:28:00 AM  
Blogger Sarah said...

reading that whole post made my eye water. Poor Kid (and Mom). Can OG help out? :)

Tuesday, April 22, 2008 10:35:00 AM  
Blogger Jodi said...

Maybe salmon is the color of the medicine? I vote for leaving him home alone. He'd do fine. Leave my cell in case he has any questions.

Tuesday, April 22, 2008 12:00:00 PM  
Blogger Sizzle said...

Salmon cherry!? I just gagged. Poor kidlet.

Tuesday, April 22, 2008 2:45:00 PM  
Blogger Cheryl said...

I vote for pulling a Costanza

Tuesday, April 22, 2008 4:22:00 PM  
Blogger Yvett said...

They really should write

Salmon colored/Cherry flavored

because the way it is is enough to make anyone gag.

Wednesday, April 23, 2008 1:39:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home