Tuesday, April 15, 2008

S-H-O-P-P-I-N-G, we're shopping.

I've had time to purchase a few things. Some good. Some...well.



Cereal bowl with straw - $1.29
I rarely go to a supermarket. I buy most of my groceries at Trader Joe's or Whole Foods. But when I went to one recently, I saw these in the cereal aisle and laughed out loud. A straw. In a bowl. Dah! I realize it's not helping my kid's table manners, but think of the possibilities, they can drink the milk with their cereal (I find that gross, but what do I know), they can drink soup without dribbles? Unconvinced, huh? Oh well. It was $1.29 - what can I say.



A&W Root Beer Float in a bottle $6.79 (four pack)
I LOVE root beer. More than I love my own children, even. So when I saw this root beer float in a bottle, I jumped at the chance, even though I dislike the melty part of the root beer float (this post is revealing all my weird food issues) but how could it be bad, HOW?? Er. I took one swig and actually puked in the sink. I swear. It was the worst thing I've ever tasted. I thought it'd be more like a cream soda I guess, I dunno. Maybe it was the fact that I paid $6.79 for it that didn't sit well. I gave one to Jodi and said, "You have to try this, IT'S DISGUSTING!!"



Simple Human Automatic Soap Dispenser - $39.99
I am a germaphobe and the kids and I wash our hands all the live long day. This automatic soap dispenser is TOTALLY worth the money. It's not just laziness, I like that I don't have to touch anything. Especially after wiping butts in the bathroom, or touching raw chicken in the kitchen. Fan-freakin-tastic.



Boogie Wipes - $3.99
The Baby has a horrible runny nose, constantly. I don't know what his prob is, but you know that gross kid with the boogers that you don't want to touch you? He is now that kid. But the constant wiping of the nose with tissue is causing his face to turn red, raw even. His poor little baby skin! I read about these 'Boogie Wipes' invented by moms, that are soft wet saline wipes that get mucous out easily. Couldn't you just use a tissue? Sure. But it's rough. Couldn't you just use a diaper wipe? Yeah, but they are for butts. Couldn't you use your sleeve - er, go ahead you sick bastard. These things are no lie, they are GREAT. They are compact and soft and aw the cute packaging. They easily pull out everything in his nose and now I have a clean child. Well. At least his nose is. The rest of him is pretty much Pigpen from Peanuts.

Labels:

9 Comments:

Blogger Jodi said...

Um, yeah. Thanks. The Boogie Wipes sound more appealing. I'll let you know if I get up the nerve to drink it.

Tuesday, April 15, 2008 11:11:00 PM  
Blogger CSG said...

I also had a runny nose. It wasn't a cold, it wasn't an alergy.. it ended up being cholinergic rhinitis. It gets better as you grow older. Corticoid nasal sprays help, but you must be careful with those. I only use them in special occasions, like when I wear perfect make up and don't want to have it wiped out in a second. But that wouldn't happen to your baby!

Wednesday, April 16, 2008 1:44:00 AM  
Blogger justJENN said...

The Baby's makeup is always perfect!!

Wednesday, April 16, 2008 7:03:00 AM  
Blogger Sarah said...

I LOVE Root Beer Floats. More than anything else probably, and it must be A&W Root Beer. However, I never would have tried that. Ick! Melty ice cream like substance in a bottle? *gag*

Wednesday, April 16, 2008 8:29:00 AM  
Blogger jami said...

1. Where are the boogie wipes from?
2. I have been looking at that Simple Human soap dispenser and wondering if it's worth the $. Now I am convinced, esp. with a 20% off coupon! (BTW, so convenient that BB&B is now selling drugstore items!)
3. We used to have cups with built-in straws just like that when I was a kid. We once successfully dared Jonathan Jacobs to drink ketchup and milk. I think he was about 4, so not much triumph there.

Wednesday, April 16, 2008 9:55:00 AM  
Blogger alexis said...

My kids used to love the straw cereal bowls. Just be careful when they're eating chicken noodle soup. My kids always sucked up a noodle and choked. .. which just made everyone at the table laugh. We're cruel like that! LOL

Wednesday, April 16, 2008 2:24:00 PM  
Blogger Cookie said...

For a while my sister had one of those straw bowls. We ended up throwing it out because it was a pain in the butt to clean (well, in respect to hygiene). Trying to fit one of those craft pipe cleaners down to scrub out the algae just didn't cut it. We'd end up having to soak it in clorox to get it clean. O_o

Thursday, April 17, 2008 4:14:00 PM  
Anonymous Michele said...

Just yesterday, I saw those floats in a bottle. They were orange float flavored - my favorite.

But I stopped and stared at the milky substance inside, got grossed out and walked away.

Glad to hear I wasn't missing anything.

Sunday, April 20, 2008 1:02:00 PM  
Blogger Babs said...

Thank you thank you thank you for trying to root beer things first. I saw them the other day and almost bought them. Glad I didn't!

Sunday, April 20, 2008 1:30:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home