Monday, May 05, 2008

allez, cuisine!

While at Disneyland the other day, I saw this Ratatouille cookbook and thought, well that was a cute foodie movie. Then I looked closer and was like...

I'M BUYING THIS. Thomas Keller, that's the clincher. It was a good choice, because I have to say, this is one of the best cookbooks I've come across. I'm always looking for good kid's cookbooks, but this one is great for adults too. The recipes are easy - no complicated ingredients and MAN, is the food good. I've had this book less than a week and I've already made 5 recipes.

The Kid, who is like me way more than I like to admit, adores cooking. He took this book, picked out what he wanted and then helped me make a FULL dinner. Yes, he's only 4, but that's how great this book is! We made Quiche Lorraine (bacon & egg pie), cheese straws and fruit salad. I do not have a food processor so we made the cheese straws by hand and let me tell you that was NOT FUN. But they came out great. They just took longer.
It's nice to see kids get so excited about being creative. I hope the Kid's future wife appreciates all the cooking knowledge that he is soaking up. Now if I can just get him to understand how "fun" it is to scrub the floor and pick up my drycleaning, I'd be all set.

Labels:

7 Comments:

Blogger Darlene said...

Sounds like a sous chef in the making...

Monday, May 05, 2008 9:46:00 PM  
Blogger Nanette said...

Cutest lil' chef ever!

Monday, May 05, 2008 10:22:00 PM  
Blogger Sarah said...

That is adorable. And now I want the book, despite my kid-less nature.

Tuesday, May 06, 2008 8:24:00 AM  
Anonymous sulkygrrl said...

Ditto what Sarah up there said.

Tuesday, May 06, 2008 8:41:00 AM  
Blogger Robin said...

I need to teach my cats to vacuum...

Tuesday, May 06, 2008 10:23:00 AM  
Blogger Sarah said...

Just for you, because I know how much you love Rachel Ray: http://divine-domesticity.blogspot.com/2008/05/daily-recipe-pound-cake-with-ice-cream.html

Tuesday, May 06, 2008 1:06:00 PM  
Blogger Yum-e said...

Lovin' that book!

Thursday, May 15, 2008 10:48:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home