Friday, May 16, 2008

Battle Root Beer

Yeah, yeah, I love me some root beer. Sometimes it's all I eat (er, drink) all day. So I thought I might as well COOK with it too. First up, root beer cupcakes of course!

I have been thinking about this recipe for over a year. Yes, I am obsessive. But I wanted something that really tasted like root beer. I knew I wanted root beer in the actual cake - and in the frosting. Real root beer, not just flavoring. For even more effect I crushed up root beer candies to put on top. Sadly I was lazy and didn't quite chop them fine enough, leaving giant rock candies on top, which, by the way, don't put on the night before you give them away, as they melt while you are sleeping. What the?

For all the root beer I incorporated in this thing, it still didn't TOTALLY taste like root beer. But I am hard to please. For what it was, it was good. Still, anytime, anyplace, I'll take a root beer ice cold, straight up, please. Thanks.Root Beer cupcake recipe.

Labels: , ,

7 Comments:

Anonymous christi said...

brilliant! i'm going to try these...i bet a scoop of vanilla ice cream would be icing on the cake (sorry, it fit)!

Friday, May 16, 2008 6:16:00 PM  
Blogger Rachel said...

I've been working on a root beer float cupcake recipe too. I am thinking root beer syrup (like what you use to make homemade root beer) might be the key to extra root beer-y cakes.

Saturday, May 17, 2008 6:52:00 AM  
Blogger Sizzle said...

Root beer is the only soda I will drink.

Saturday, May 17, 2008 9:00:00 AM  
OpenID babsinblogland said...

I hope those taste better than that weird root beer float in a bottle.

Saturday, May 17, 2008 5:11:00 PM  
Blogger Jodi said...

I think they were delicious and tasted like root beer. My dog, Rusty, loved them too, but don't ask me how he knows that!

Monday, May 19, 2008 8:49:00 AM  
Blogger Jodi said...

I think they were delicious and tasted like root beer. My dog, Rusty, loved them too, but don't ask me how he knows that!

Monday, May 19, 2008 8:49:00 AM  
Blogger Sarah said...

These might make a good ice cream cake. Yummmm

Monday, May 19, 2008 11:11:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home