Wednesday, May 07, 2008

Call me morbid, call me pale

I have been gaining weight like crazy, which is weird since I never get a chance to eat. I don't get paid for lunch breaks so I work through breakfast and lunch so that I can get 6 to 7 hours of work in before I have to pick up the kids. Nanette thinks my body thinks it's 'starving' and trying to save itself. SAVE YOURSELF WHILE YOU CAN, BODY.

This often leads to migraines, bad, bad migraines. I have not learned my lesson, obviously. My coworker insists that I kill the migraine by taking a double dose of Excedrin Migraine AND a Motrin. What, do I feel like dying? That being said, today was bad so I too two Excedrin and told her to call 911 if I in fact, die. Man, that was crazy. I was so hyped up from the double shot of caffeine in the pills that I was drawing super fast, so much that my arms hurt from holding the pen, is that weird or what? My boss asked me how the building plans were going and I said, "I AM SO HIGH." Probably not the best response, but he got his plans in double time.

I won't be overdosing again anytime soon, but now I know how people on speed, feel. Imagine how much baking I could get done!
More from the Ratatouille cookbook, these French Breakfast Muffins are AMAZING. They are so good I can't stand it. Normally I give away all my baked goods, I like to share them. I usually save one for me and one for the kids. Poor kids, they are always surrounded by sweets and never get any. "Mommy, where are all those strawberry cupcakes I saw yesterday?" "Er those...yeah, those are gone." Sorry kids. Worst. Mommy. Ever.
But these French donut-style muffins? I saved ALL of them for us, they were too good to share. Of course I made them MINI to maximize the delicious cinnamon sugar topping. The kids have never been happier. And for once I had breakfast for a few days.

Labels: ,

11 Comments:

Blogger Sizzle said...

Those look yummy!

I love that you said you were high to your boss. :)

Wednesday, May 07, 2008 5:45:00 PM  
Blogger joyce said...

I must get my hands on the cookbook if that's where you got the recipe!

Wednesday, May 07, 2008 5:52:00 PM  
Blogger Nanette said...

BODY ON STRIKE! (Our new band name...)

Wednesday, May 07, 2008 6:29:00 PM  
Blogger Karen said...

Where can one find those adorable muffin liners?

Thursday, May 08, 2008 8:40:00 AM  
Blogger justJENN said...

I got the mini and regular sized liners at Gloria's candy supply here in L.A. But I'm sure you can find them at a baking supply store on the Internet.

Thursday, May 08, 2008 8:52:00 AM  
Blogger Sarah said...

Oh my goodness, those look good! Please eat.

And excedrin gives me anxiety attacks, the caffeine is so high. But my headeache is always most definitely gone :)

Thursday, May 08, 2008 9:07:00 AM  
Blogger Yvett said...

Nannette is right. I've been told that the reason I don't lose weight is because I don't eat enough. When I do it, my body hoardes it. Be careful, though because I ended up really, really sick because of that. I had a build-up of stomache acid and other things I wouldn't wish on you.

Cheery, huh? :P

Just call me Debbie Downer today. I'm depressing people left and right.

Thursday, May 08, 2008 9:58:00 AM  
Blogger MissMissy said...

I get pretty bad headaches too and the ONLY thing that I have found to help is Advil Migraine. I can't find them everywhere so when I do - I load up.

Thursday, May 08, 2008 12:02:00 PM  
Blogger dapotato said...

don't tell my boss...she might feed us stuff (the pills, not the cupcakes) every day.

those look so good. i like ratatouille even more now.

Thursday, May 08, 2008 1:01:00 PM  
OpenID tasty said...

Re migraines: IMITREX! I am in love with this drug. It works so well and slays any migraine I've ever had.

Those muffins look so good. I want to eat them now instead of this fat-free yogurt I'm currently having.

Friday, May 09, 2008 7:18:00 AM  
Blogger Liz said...

They weight gain could just be stressed. However if it continues you should see a physician because it may be something more serious. If you notice other symptoms like hair loss and extremely oily skin, then it could be Cushings's disease. Not to freak you out. Sorry.

Friday, May 09, 2008 7:25:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home