Thursday, May 22, 2008

A hot day and a sticky black tarmac,
A hot day and I'm wishing I was far away

I don't get this weather. Blazing hot last week. Today, freezing. WHATEVER MOTHER EARTH. So I had been piling up recipes for summer weather to post here, which seems kind of stupid now, but oh well. I'm sure it will heat up...someday.

I busted out the 'ol handy dandy ice cream maker again. It's quite joyful and even zen-like to watch that liquid to turn into a refreshing, tasty cold treat. I had these chocolate covered almonds lying around, and they suddenly became inspiring. I grabbed some, chopped them up, then added them to a simple vanilla ice cream base. It turned out great and added just the right crunch and flavor to the vanilla.
Except that I don't want to eat it. I'm bundled up, freezing my tootsies off, thinking about warm delicious hot chocolate. Ohhh....hot chocolate. I'll be back...

Vanilla Chocolate Almond Ice Cream recipe

Labels: ,

3 Comments:

Blogger Sizzle said...

I can eat ice cream in a snow storm. Especially if it has chocolate covered almonds in it.

Friday, May 23, 2008 11:02:00 AM  
Blogger Jodi said...

I'm with sizzle and can eat ice cream just about any time. However, this yucky, chilly, rainy weather is making me crave hot beverages too. I really need to learn how to use the ice cream maker that someone gave me!

Friday, May 23, 2008 7:05:00 PM  
Blogger My Sweet & Saucy said...

Thanks for checking out my blog! The ice cream you made looks like it is right up my ally! Sooo yummy looking!

Sunday, May 25, 2008 10:27:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home