Thursday, May 01, 2008

I can't hear you. It's like noise is coming out of an ugly scientist.

In case anyone is keeping track:
Last week: Kid = pinkeye
This week: Baby = pinkeye
Today: Kid = barfs at school
Right now: Jenn = wants to kill herself

Tonight's Office I laughed out loud so often, it was too much. Ryan's half beard is scaring the bejesus out of me. No one's facial hair should look like that. More than that, 30 Rock almost made me cry I was laughing so hard. That was one darn near perfectly written episode. Just crazy funny all around. Of course, the Ghostbusters part made me laugh the hardest because I thougtht to myself, "Wait...Peter Vinkman?? He's lying." I am a nerd.

This week's episode of Top Chef was interesting. Watching them cook on a budget is odd, since they don't have to do that in their restaurants, but it hit close to home since I try to make the best food I can for the kids without spending like crazy. With the pantry clean out and trying to stay on budget, I haven't been to the market in two weeks. I am going today, and hopefully will be able to stay away for another few weeks. Here is the list I jotted down:
And with those ingredients, all the dishes I intend to make over the next few weeks:
Quiche Lorraine
Chicken chili Ricotta pasta
Cheese straws
Maple glazed chicken
Fruit skewers
Salmon cakes
Teriyaki salmon
Quesadillas

Ham and cheese rollups
Tortilla Soup

Chilaquilles
real Strawberry cupcakes
Vegan lemon yogurt cake
Little Chocolate cakes

Obviously I was making this list when I was supposed to be redlining drawings at work. It was not written on this dinner plate, but I wish it was!

9 Comments:

Blogger Michelle said...

I'm going to try your recipe for real Strawberry cupcakes this weekend!

LOVE your writing - my friend who used to be a draftsman & who is now an estimator at the company I used to work for has writing like yours. I love it - clean & easy to read...very few people can achieve that.

Friday, May 02, 2008 12:35:00 AM  
Blogger Darlene said...

CRONE!!

I try to create something out of my pantry contents one weekend a month. The results are always interesting.

Not shopping for two weeks?? WOW.

Friday, May 02, 2008 6:58:00 AM  
Blogger Our Man Horn said...

Awesome handwriting. You must've taken a drafting class at some point...?

The Ryan/Toby/Jim encounter in the meeting room was tense. It felt almost... personal.

Friday, May 02, 2008 7:09:00 AM  
Blogger Sarah said...

I wish I could shop for one or two meals at a time. Maybe when I become a mom I'll magically be able to do this :)

PS-What does it say under corn and above tortilla?

Friday, May 02, 2008 8:12:00 AM  
Blogger dapotato said...

please do my grocery/menu planning for me, too, please! i suck quite badly at it.

oh, and preferably on graph paper in red, felt-tip pen, please. i ran out of both this week at work.

Friday, May 02, 2008 8:58:00 AM  
Anonymous alibaba37 said...

I wish I could sit down a figure out meals for two weeks! You continually amaze me!

I bought some gerhkins because of you, yummy, I can sit down with the jar and munch!

I hope you'll be posting some of the recipes!

Friday, May 02, 2008 9:48:00 AM  
Blogger suburban housefrau said...

I saw this,and thought how much easier it would have made your Peter Pan cake debacle!

http://www.thekitchn.com/thekitchn/cookware-tools/new-pirate-ship-cake-pan-and-more-from-nordicware-047454

Friday, May 02, 2008 11:26:00 AM  
Blogger justJENN said...

Sarah, it's 'gherkin' misspelled. Aka tiny pickles. We in this house (me & the Kid) love the tiny pickles.

SH: I SAW that pan on not martha!! I couldn't believe my eyes. I need to buy it and make myself a fleet of ships.

Friday, May 02, 2008 2:07:00 PM  
Blogger Jodi said...

I can finally read your posts since I caught up on The Office and 30 Rock. I immediately questioned the Peter Venkman line too. What a great payoff! Hilarious!

Saturday, May 10, 2008 12:46:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home