Friday, May 02, 2008

If you build it, they will come

"Mommy, make me this!" Is the battle cry around here. I have become a master of building these things, to the point where I am always reluctant to start because *I* become obsessed with it.

I'm fast now though. I can get these suckers up in about 20 mins. YEAH BABY. There must be a competition similar to an eating competition but where mommies across the land compete for cash, building these toy sets while their children stand by the sidelines whining, "Are you done yet?" And the mommies are yelling, "NO I NEED MORE PIECES MAYBE I NEED TO GO TO THE TRAIN STORE WHERE IS THAT ONE CURVE YOU KNOW WHAT I AM TALKING ABOUT YEAH THAT ONE AND DON'T TOUCH WHAT I SPENT TWO HOURS BUILDING YES IT'S FOR YOU JUST DON'T TOUCH IT." And if there is no such competition, there oughta be.

Labels:

4 Comments:

Blogger dapotato said...

maybe i do want kids after all just for an excuse to build things that go up faster than real buildings.

love this entry.

Saturday, May 03, 2008 8:20:00 AM  
Blogger the slackmistress said...

I used to be the awe of the neighborhood because I built the Ewok Village (which had 93849234 little chokeable parts) in under 45 minutes for my baby brother one Christmas.

I retired on top.

Saturday, May 03, 2008 9:54:00 AM  
Blogger jami said...

Jenn = architect = some skill in spatial relations that helps you build that kind of stuff!

me = look at the manual = build that kind of stuff eventually.

Saturday, May 03, 2008 3:28:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

reminds me of the leggo pirate ship (etc) era in my house.

kat

Sunday, May 04, 2008 3:09:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home