Wednesday, May 14, 2008

Pop quiz, hot shot:

Question 1:
Let's say you came home from work. And someone was staying at your house, let's say, oh, your MIL. Let's say she rearranged your entire living room. Would you be mad because:

1. You are an architect who doesn't like people messing with your design aesthetic.
2. You are a human being who doesn't like her personal sh*t touched.

Six of one, half a dozen of the other really. sigh. I am going to my room to pray for my own sweet death, now.


Question 2:
It's weird how the internet is so incestuous. Meaning that you always see the same things on the same websites. The same people pop up here or there. Sometimes people post the same exact things - I get it, it's a small community, it's just...odd.

The other day I saw these baking cups, when I too had just bought the very same baking cups. Crazy. I just haven't had time to download pics due to Computer Meltdown '08. Aren't they purty?

I love them. I wan to marry them. Go here and buy some for yourself. Meanwhile, the question is, what should I bake next, in these?


Question 3:
Tell me, does this look like puke on a plate? Everyday we drive by an iHop and the Kid with his beady eagle eyes sees the sign in the window that says, "Horton Hears a Who Cake" pancakes. And he begs, and he begs, so finally I take him in there and good god that is some sugar right there. Not only that, those 'dots' are chocolate chips - which he can't eat anyway but the Baby happily inhaled. The waiter said, "All the kids love those pancakes." No sh*t. It's pure sugar.

These questoins are rhetorical really, but I just had to put them out there as my head was ready to explode.

Labels:

20 Comments:

Blogger the slackmistress said...

That's more like Horton Hears a Heart Attack. Holy cow.

Wednesday, May 14, 2008 5:12:00 PM  
Blogger Sizzle said...

Those baking cups are SO cute. I need them.

And yes, I would PEEVED beyond belief if someone rearranged my furniture without my permission or input. Did she also organize your underwear drawer?

Wednesday, May 14, 2008 5:14:00 PM  
Blogger margottobed said...

i relate to your first question.. i always wonder if I'm crazy when I'm annoyed with people or whether everyone elseee is crazy. it usually has to do with my furniture too... hmmm.

Wednesday, May 14, 2008 5:52:00 PM  
Blogger bubbie said...

She moved your furniture - the nerve! Ugh, I'd want to kill someone if my MIL did that.

Wednesday, May 14, 2008 6:18:00 PM  
Blogger dapotato said...

whoa. i just posted a blog entry full of questions, too. albeit a bit less pressing than yours.

i'd be so pissed if anyone touched my furniture, designer or not.

Wednesday, May 14, 2008 6:35:00 PM  
Blogger Lissete said...

I will answer your ??? anyway!
1) My MIL would not be allowed to stay here in the 1st place :x
2) Yes they are purty! And whatever you bake, you can send a couple to me! :)
3) That just looks gross! And I love anything sweet.

Wednesday, May 14, 2008 6:38:00 PM  
Blogger theotherbear said...

Move your stuff back to where you like it. Then bolt it to the floor.

Wednesday, May 14, 2008 6:44:00 PM  
Blogger Sarah said...

What's grosser is the Jell-O cubes in Sprite drink they were serving with it. Because kids need a side of soda with their candy-covered carbs!

Wednesday, May 14, 2008 7:17:00 PM  
Blogger Jodi said...

Too bad she broke your favorite knife that time...I kid, of course.

Wednesday, May 14, 2008 8:00:00 PM  
Blogger jami said...

The idea of my MIL (or mother, for that matter) moving my furniture is so farfetched, I can't even imagine. I also probably don't have enough furniture to rearrange. Still - nervy.

Wednesday, May 14, 2008 8:25:00 PM  
Anonymous Annika said...

My MIL is arriving on Friday. By Saturday I expect to be sneaking off for a margarita. And she is not even staying with us! Oh god, I hope she isn't staying with us. Ack, I didn't ask. Either way she will probably clean something that I just cleaned because I DON'T DO IT WELL ENOUGH.

Wednesday, May 14, 2008 8:29:00 PM  
Blogger Darlene said...

How about this for a cupcake idea: a black and white cupcake? Something similiar to a black and white cookie but in cupcake form. You already accomplished the neopolitan cupcake now this...

Wednesday, May 14, 2008 8:44:00 PM  
Blogger Nanette said...

I got a cavity just looking at that short stack. Yikes.

Did Baby talk super fast after he ate them? That'd be hilarious.

Wednesday, May 14, 2008 10:36:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

In reference to your liking small/miniature things, they now have miniature razors: http://www.rollingrazor.com/index.htm

Wednesday, May 14, 2008 10:48:00 PM  
Anonymous doahleigh said...

Those pancakes look horrible. I just vomited.

Thursday, May 15, 2008 6:54:00 AM  
Blogger Yvett said...

My MIL hates me, I can't imagine her being here alone.

Yikes! Those pancakes look sickening.

Thursday, May 15, 2008 9:13:00 AM  
Anonymous Ronda said...

take 2 valium and don't come out of your room until she leaves.

Thursday, May 15, 2008 9:41:00 AM  
Anonymous amanda said...

Sounds like my MIL. I remember when my husband and I moved into our first place, I came home from work to find our furniture rearranged and a whole crapload of stuff that had materialised from nowhere strewn about the apartment. When my husband finally told me that his mother stopped by to drop off some things while we were at work, I shouted "THIS IS WHY SHE IS NOT ALLOWED TO HAVE KEYS TO OUR DOORS."

Ironically enough, when we moved again, she pulled the same shit.

Thursday, May 15, 2008 2:03:00 PM  
Blogger joyce said...

yes, looks like vomit - those pancakes...
my mom watches my almost 2 year old at my house and tries to organize my "stuff" to the point where i can't find any of it...it drives me insane!!!

Thursday, May 15, 2008 8:41:00 PM  
Blogger design for mankind. said...

HAHAHAH I LOVE YOU JENN! :)

Thursday, May 15, 2008 10:53:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home