Sunday, May 18, 2008

Slow and low that is the tempo

Battle Root Beer continues as I venture on...to meat. I had been craving pulled pork sandwiches and I'll never forget TWO years ago, my friend made them for a birthday party, in a crock pot. It's a weird coincidence that when I actually made this - everyone else on the internet had the same craving. So I waited to post. (I hate when it seems like everyone's on the same internet page. Even if they are.)

Mine is slightly different of course, due to said 'secret ingredient'. I am not a fan of browning meat before it goes into the slow cooker, only because I know I will have to wash yet another pan later, and I usually don't have time to be screwing around. To me browning is just like cooking, so if I had the time to do that crap I'd have just cooked the damn thing instead of using a slow cooker in the first place, ya dig? Anyway.

I put the meat in the pot, pour the root beer on top, rub the seasonings in. Turn on, come back 8 hours later, and you're golden. While most pulled pork recipes put bbq sauce on top after all is said and done, this doesn't need it.

This recipe is the easiest of easy, especially for those readers of mine who've emailed me lately...who don't cook. What. Why do you come here then?! Do the pictures make your stomach growl? I'd gladly send you the food if I could, honest. Just ask Nanette, Jodi or DfM. I've offered to drop off baked goods to them out of complete boredom. Try this recipe. Impress your friends. It's perfection in a pot. Shown here with organic tater tots and gerhkins, I like to serve mine on lovely sweet King's Hawaiian rolls but that's how I...er, roll. /lame joke

Pulled Pork Sandwiches recipe.

Labels: ,

8 Comments:

Blogger Rachel said...

You know what's funny? I always wait to post recipes too if I notice other people have something similar and always have a stash of recipes to post. Then, after not seeing any pulled pork recipes for months, I post my mango pulled pork and then 4 other people post pulled pork later that day. Oy!

Monday, May 19, 2008 4:17:00 AM  
Blogger Dawn said...

Yum! LOVE crockpot recipes! This is also perfect for days when it is a million degrees outside (like lately) and you don't wanna turn on the oven, yet your house will still smell amazing without the added heat.

Monday, May 19, 2008 8:39:00 AM  
Anonymous hilary said...

King's Hawaiian rolls, mmmm. I still haven't been to the restaurant...field trip?

Monday, May 19, 2008 9:08:00 AM  
Blogger Sarah said...

Now I want tater tots.

Monday, May 19, 2008 11:15:00 AM  
Blogger dapotato said...

you have time to be bored?

hm. maybe i'll bust out my crockpot again. last time i tried, i burned the chili. yes, burned. in a crock pot. i can bake, but i never said i could cook.

Monday, May 19, 2008 1:00:00 PM  
Blogger Lilcee said...

how did u know i was craving pulled pork? i was watching it on Tyler's Ultimate. But yours is oh so much easier.

Monday, May 19, 2008 3:41:00 PM  
Blogger susie said...

What a great recipe. And yes, now I am craving pulled pork at 6:30 in the a.m.

Thursday, May 22, 2008 6:28:00 AM  
Blogger Jodi said...

Yup, I can vouch for the yummy baked goods!

Friday, May 23, 2008 7:16:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home