Wednesday, May 28, 2008

Who sleeps all night in a cake made of strawberry? Wakes up bright in a cake made of strawberry? Strawberry Shortcake, wouldn't ya know.

So this strawberry festival. It was...eh. I've been to the massive all strawberry all the time-fest in Oxnard, now THAT'S a strawberry festival. Where they offer strawberry pizza, strawberry kabobs, strawberry smoothies, you get the picture. A real FESTIVAL.This one? It was like a city carnival. The end. Two locations sold strawberries, TWO. Which, mind you, WERE fabulous, as they were picked at the height of ripeness, but still. It was just a big ass crappy carnival. The kids loved it though. As I stood at the gates in fear waiting for the temporary shottily made rides to collapse, they whooped and hollared and had a gay old time going around and around on the carnival rides. The Baby couldn't have been happier going on a little roller coaster for the first time in his young life. The look of pure happiness and glee on his face is something I will never forget. As far as the strawberries? Well, I guess I will just have to get my fix by having my own strawberry festival at home. Sans carnies.

Labels:

5 Comments:

Blogger Sarah said...

That is exactly like the Calabasas pumpkin festival!! Not a pumpkin food item to be found. We actually had several vendors laugh at us when we asked if they had a pumpkin flavor. WTF?

It should not be allowed to name your festival after a fruit unless it will be prominently featured.

Wednesday, May 28, 2008 7:59:00 PM  
Blogger Darlene said...

I remember going to a chocolate festival once at the local university and remember leaving with chocolate-flavored pop tarts. I hated that day.

Wednesday, May 28, 2008 8:41:00 PM  
Blogger jami said...

We went to that strawberry festival when Hallie was like 5 weeks old, and there were NO strawberries then either! We ate fried baby artichokes. YUM.

Wednesday, May 28, 2008 9:29:00 PM  
Blogger mamafabun said...

Yes, same as our "strawberry festival." So weak.

Anyway, I LOVE your son's shirt.

Wednesday, May 28, 2008 10:33:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

wow, I'm so glad it wasn't just our blueberry festival. I did try jambalya for the first time there...

however, our strawberry festival...now that's a strawberry festival.

-kat

Thursday, May 29, 2008 2:18:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home