Sunday, May 11, 2008

Word to your mutha.

I was pressured to come up with something to do on Mother's Day and when I did, of course half the family bailed cause they are asses. Screw them. Since it was my choice I decided on the Mother's Day brunch at Simon L.A. Kerry Simon, (featured last week on Hell's Kitchen) has an amazing take on everyday comfort food, but taking it to a higher level.

The service was EH, but the food, fantastic. Compared to other Mother's Day brunches which gouge you in the eyeballz for $30-$60, this was was a bargain at $28. You get a family style meal, with six selections of your choice, free champagne and chocolates for all the muthas in the house, and for dessert? Well, I'll let you in on that later.

You know how I HATE taking pictures of meals, but since we got a private room (whee!) I went ahead. We mixed up our meal with half breakfast items: waffles, bacon+sausage and eggs benedict. Then lunch items: Iron Chef burgers, Surf & Turf tacos and Tuscan fries. Kerry Simon won battle hamburger on Iron Chef, and so the menu was his featured winning slider. Wow, for something so simple it had amazing flavor.

The 'dessert' was the biggest bowl of cotton candy the world has ever seen. The kid's eyes about popped out of their heads. My fave is pink, of course - the best tasting of them all - so it was truly the best Mother's Day brunch, evaaahhh.
Kerry Simon is doing extraordinary things, and despite the service, I will be back. Check out his winning Iron Chef slider recipe, here.

Labels: ,

9 Comments:

Blogger dapotato said...

oooh...such nice, fluffy cotton candy.

boo to the family. oh well, more cotton candy and moet&chandon for you (?).

Sunday, May 11, 2008 8:19:00 PM  
Anonymous sulkygrrl said...

Glad you had such a great meal. And Happy Mother's Day to you!

Sunday, May 11, 2008 10:24:00 PM  
Anonymous doahleigh said...

Holy crap! That's amazing.

Monday, May 12, 2008 6:02:00 AM  
Blogger Sarah said...

Happy Mother's Day! (a little late)

Looks like simple food, made fancy. How delicious.

Monday, May 12, 2008 8:17:00 AM  
Blogger Hilary said...

Must. Have. Cotton. Candy.

Monday, May 12, 2008 9:02:00 AM  
Blogger Stephanie said...

for mothers day i bought stationary from you. ;) and had it sent to the wrong place. im full of awesome

Monday, May 12, 2008 9:33:00 AM  
Blogger Nanette said...

I'd like to bury myself in that cotton candy and eat my way out.

Cotton candy sleeping bag! <--band name

Monday, May 12, 2008 10:15:00 AM  
Blogger jami said...

Can't believe they served cotton candy! Awesome!

Happy mother's day :-)

Monday, May 12, 2008 10:16:00 AM  
Blogger Jodi said...

At first I thought that was a beehive wig! Cotton candy is even better! I haven't watched last week's Hell's Kitchen yet (of course), but now I'll see who this Kerry Simon dude is.

I'm glad you had a good Mother's Day! You deserved it!

Monday, May 12, 2008 10:05:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home