Sunday, June 15, 2008

Dinner, you ate it, there is none left..
It was salty, with butter and it was def.

The Kid and I woke up this weekend, kinda illin' - a little queasy, lots o' coughing. But I promised a day of fun - so after some cough medicine, we seemed good to go. I didn't want the Baby to be bored all day on our account. The Kid has been drawing like crazy every chance he gets, so I thought we'd go to a place where he could express his artistic talent. (Meaning: a place with paint and drop cloths that does not involve my living room getting jacked up.)

We headed to PLAY in the Fairfax District. It's a great little place where kids can play with toys, learn music, and paint. I told the Kid that we had to wear old clothes cause we were going to get dirty. He said, "OH. This is not...like an ordinary day." Ha. He hates spilling (like me) where the Baby revels in it. The kids had fun painting and using the chalk wall. While we played with chalk making animals and trees, some other random kid came up and...drew our animals urinating. What the...I thought it was rude that child's mom didn't tell her to back on up since we were playing first. I hate that. Stupid parents don't know how to corral their kids. That don't fly with me, my kids have manners or they go home.

By an odd coincidence my mom and O.G. were at LACMA down the street, viewing the Chicano Art exhibit, so we met them at the Grove/Farmer's Market for lunch. See the old lady in the chicano shirt buying tacos? Yeah, that's O.G.
The Market was nice cause we all got to choose what we wanted to eat. The Kid got a belgian waffle, the Baby a French bistro sandwich, me - potato taquitos. We walked around the market until the Kid became queasy and vomited into the bushes. FO' REAL. Ugh. While it was a day of art and good food, it's all fun and games until someone barfs, I guess.

More pics, here.

3 Comments:

Blogger dapotato said...

i love the farmer's market. i am glad there are still parents like you.

Sunday, June 15, 2008 8:52:00 PM  
Blogger Nanette said...

O.G.'s shirt is awesome!

Sunday, June 15, 2008 10:24:00 PM  
Blogger Mike said...

but holmes you did not read it was a can of DOG FOOD!

Tuesday, June 17, 2008 10:13:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home