Wednesday, June 25, 2008

Follow me, don't follow me, I've got my spine,
I've got my orange crush

With sickness comes boredeom and a little sadness. I am trying to stave that off by thinking happy thoughts. What pops into your head when you think happy thoughts? For me, with the heat, it's ice cream.

Next week is Fourth of July. How that came up so quick I have no idea, but it means my Uncle's annual party and my making of the much looked forward to Watermelon Ice Cream bombe. I love bombes, that little surprise in the middle and melding of flavors, so fun. Also, they kind of go along with my theme o' the month, that is, inside out.

Seeing as how I am home alone and bored all day, I made little mini single serving bombes for the kids to have when they got home. I took some ramekins, lined them with plastic wrap, put a layer of orange sherbet, then stuffed that with vanilla.

They fit in the palm of your hand they are so small, and the combo? SO GOOD. A little 50/50 bar, if you will. The kids were thrilled and happy to see the vanilla surprise in the middle. It was great for this hot summer day and lifted my spirits immensely. Nothing like ice cream to make the world a better place. Happy thoughts, happy thoughts, happy thoughts...

50/50 mini bombes how-to, here.

Labels: ,

4 Comments:

Blogger jami said...

sending some happy your way.

!!!

Wednesday, June 25, 2008 2:33:00 PM  
Blogger Nanette said...

That looks yummy!

Hope your spirits are up soon!

Wednesday, June 25, 2008 11:49:00 PM  
Blogger Chrissy said...

Ice cream is definitely where it's at. That looks so yummy! Hope you feel better!

Thursday, June 26, 2008 7:06:00 AM  
Anonymous Jamie said...

OMG! I love orange sherbet. I thought I was one of the few people that still loved the entire orange and cream flavor.

Thursday, June 26, 2008 2:41:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home