Wednesday, June 11, 2008

Good evening Pasadena!!

I used to live up in Pasadena, it's just the greatest area, really. So much to do, things in walking (yes, walking!) distance. Culture, restaurants, food...and 100+ degree weather. Yep, that was the killer and what made me skip town and move to the beach. I rarely get back up there, (and after a 45 min freeway crawl, I remember why) but one of my very good friends happens to be skipping town too. Except she is moving far far away.

I'm exceptionally sad, not that we saw each other as much as we used to, it's just that there is no easy way to plan a visit now. It's just too far. I will also miss her house, a historic home, that was just filled with character and detail, not to mention the best Halloween trick or treating that San Marino has to offer.

The 'goodbye L.A.' dinner was filled with close friends, lots o kids, and ice cream. Man, the ice cream. They will miss is when they move away. Because Fosselmann's Cappuccino ice cream and Raspberry sorbet are the most wonderful things in the known universe.

I told them that they'll miss the ice cream more than us. Yes. It's THAT GOOD.

That gorgeous hot pink+brown combo palette is killing me. I better go design some stuff while I'm inspired.

Labels: ,

6 Comments:

Blogger Jodi said...

I feel guilty because I don't *love* Pasadena as much as most people do. I find it one of the most annoying (and pricey) places to park in the greater L.A. area. I do enjoy the Rose Bowl flea market though. It's awesome.

Wednesday, June 11, 2008 4:50:00 PM  
Blogger justJENN said...

What the hell? I've always parked for free! Weird.

Wednesday, June 11, 2008 4:55:00 PM  
Blogger the slackmistress said...

I was just there about an hour ago, although it was for a dentist apoint, Not all tat enjoyable.

I heart the Pasadena too, tho.

Wednesday, June 11, 2008 4:56:00 PM  
Blogger ZooKeeper said...

I've never been to Pasadena but is that...Pecan Pie? And was it as good as the ice cream?

Thursday, June 12, 2008 5:35:00 AM  
Blogger justJENN said...

Good eye! That IS pecan pie. It was just from the local supermarket, and super duper overly sweet, as any good pecan pie should be.

Thursday, June 12, 2008 7:37:00 AM  
Blogger xtena said...

love the charm and hate the heat!

Saturday, June 21, 2008 5:25:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home