Tuesday, June 24, 2008

The highest of highs, the lowest of lows
I'll come driving, I'll come driving fast as wheels can turn

The worst day of my life is coming. July 1st. That's when Los Angeles goes HANDS FREE. Which means you cannot drive and talk on the phone. Well, you can, but you have to use a hands free headset. I do a lot in my car. I am always running to the city for plan check, or going to a jobsite. If I'm not doing that I'm running around for the kids, which is why my gas tank is emptying my wallet.

I do most of my work calls and business in the car. I'm not saying it's safe, I'm saying that's how I live. I hate those headset thingies - probably because I wear giant sunglasses and it never fits quite right. Maybe I need Spock ears. I can't stand speakerphones either. Talking out loud takes just as much effort as holding the phone, they should just ban everything all together. Oddly enough, texting is not banned. LAME DASH OH.

Things I also do in the car - eat. I usually eat one meal a day and that's dinner, but if I can squeeze in lunch that's great, but sometimes, I know it's dangerous, it's on the road. I have an elaborate set up in the middle island of my car that allows me to eat almost anything. I bet I could do a nicely set table featuring a steak dinner, heh.

Here is a picture of my lunch the other day, chicken taquitos, while driving myself to the doctor. Dangerous, yes, but at least I got some food - this ended up being my only meal of the day.

One of my contractors was drinking a bottled water, started choking and ran his truck into a pole. They should look into banning bottled water too. Joking, folks. So go ahead, ban talking in the car. But if you start banning 'yelling at your kids to stop kicking my chair and stop screaming I'M A DINOSAUR RARR', then lock me up. Cause that's just never gonna stop.

Labels:

9 Comments:

Blogger zeghsy said...

oh dear. that means i should charge my headset. AND inform everyone i talk to that it's the LAW MAN making them cranky because i'm using my headset. i'm just being safe and law-abiding.

yummy looking taquitos. :)

Tuesday, June 24, 2008 2:04:00 PM  
Blogger dapotato said...

and no one can hear you on those dang bluetooth headsets because most pickup so much ambient noise. the person on the other end just hears whoosh of freeway. bumper to bumper traffic is even loud. boo.

i do all of the above except screaming at kids in my car, too.

Tuesday, June 24, 2008 2:13:00 PM  
Blogger Nanette said...

What the??? I didn't peg you as one of those drivers I yell at on the road. "Put the freakin' fork down and drive, CRAZY!"

And they're not banning texting? That's just plain stupid!

Tuesday, June 24, 2008 3:11:00 PM  
Blogger Darlene said...

You are such a tease! Always posting body parts, etc. Always going for the high traffic photos eh?

Tuesday, June 24, 2008 4:41:00 PM  
Blogger justJENN said...

It's because I am headless.

Tuesday, June 24, 2008 4:52:00 PM  
Blogger Michelle said...

Where are those taquitos from?? They look so good!

Tuesday, June 24, 2008 6:14:00 PM  
Blogger desdemona said...

i had a friend once who drove a standard in big city, rush hour traffic while eating a salad with a fork and talking on his cell. i think it's pretty talented. good for you if you can do it! and if you can't, you're one of those people i'm yelling at...

"DRIVE! DRIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIVE!!!!"

and i don't even drive.

Tuesday, June 24, 2008 6:56:00 PM  
Blogger justJENN said...

That's so weird. I was going to write that I did the same thing, but I thought I'd get a beat down for sure. Ha. I had a standard, and I also ate a salad, out of a tupperware, with a fork. Not on the phone though. This was before cell phones. (I am old.) I wouldn't recommend it. But it's possible.

Tuesday, June 24, 2008 8:00:00 PM  
Blogger Jodi said...

I HATE ear pieces! Ugh! At least we can still text! LOL! I've seen people reading the newspaper while driving in the mornings. Seems worse than holding a cell phone to me.

Monday, June 30, 2008 9:34:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home