Monday, June 16, 2008

It all started with a mouse.

When the kids are bad or not cooperating, I threaten to make them 'squid pizza' for dinner. I have no idea why this upsets them so much, but the though of being forced to eat that makes them straighten up right quick. Only recently did I realize that they probably REALLY eat that in places like Japan. Gross.

So when I told them that we were really, honest and truly having 'RAT PIZZAS' for dinner, the Baby nearly had a meltdown. He was disgusted. This recipe was 'inspired' by the ratatouille cookbook. They have a recipe for 'rat pizzas' in there but it's lame because it looks awful and uses an english muffin. Screw that. I am going to real mouse-like qualities and flava, baby. And I call them 'mousey pizzas', which for some reason the Baby had no problem with.

I used my same old tortilla pizza recipe, I just sliced the tortillas into pizza shapes beforehand, and then, well, made them look like mousies. The end.

And for some reason, the kids ATE IT UP. Usually they eat one (the Baby) or half (the Kid) a slice. Today they each ate three slices. Unbelievable. Apparently mouse pizza IS delicious. Someone should tell Papa John.

Mousey Pizza recipe
Tortilla Pizza recipe

Labels: ,

6 Comments:

Blogger Sarah said...

Very cute. I personally like to use flatbread from Trader Joe's for quick crust, but I bet tortillas are good too.

Monday, June 16, 2008 3:28:00 PM  
Blogger bubbie said...

Cute! Your kids are lucky to have a mom that makes meal time fun!

Monday, June 16, 2008 4:07:00 PM  
Anonymous Babs said...

I swear you are like the best mother ever.

Monday, June 16, 2008 5:32:00 PM  
Blogger CSG said...

brilliant. I'm making those for dinner tonight. Hubby and I are such kids ourselves.

Tuesday, June 17, 2008 1:56:00 AM  
Blogger Jodi said...

Very cute. My mouse would be deformed though. No ears, eyes, or nose.

Tuesday, June 17, 2008 11:32:00 AM  
Blogger CSG said...

I made them!

http://www.flickr.com/photos/evaturns33/2588100286/
(I'm so bad a html links)

I didn't have black olives, but there are no kids around here that could complain about the mousis' green eyes, so who cared? :P

Tuesday, June 17, 2008 12:03:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home