Sunday, June 22, 2008

Let it flow - let yourself go, slow and low - that is the tempo

This heat sucks. I had tons of things I wanetd the kids to do this weekend, but we did none of them. It was just to hot to move. It is also migraine weather if you ask me - if I am in the heat/sun too long, ferget it. I'm down for the count. Which is why I always have Posh Spice sized sunglasses on at all times. Yes, sometimes indoors.

Friday we all went to O.G.'s choice for dinner, Benihana. Hello. We are probably the only asians in the known universe that frequent that place. Our family loves it. It's insanely kitschy, and not real Japanese food, but nothing tastes quite as good as hot food right off the grill. The kids just wanted to see an onion volcano and get drunk.
That's orange juice, suckas. The next morning my brother hosted his weekly poker party. Who the hell times a poker party every Saturday morning at 10am?? My brother that's who. We just went for the waffles. He makes the best waffles, hands down. Screw you Belgium.

Before we headed over, I made some mini cupcakes and some garlic roasted potatoes (all before 8am because I wanted to beat the heat). After breakfast I was figured they were going to play poker on his kitchen table so I moved the kids to the living room and...he pulled off the top of the table to reveal a full scale poker table! WHAT. How did I not know that was there?
So this whole weekend I did NOTHING and wouldn't you know it - my sickness has increased ten fold, as now I have THE PINK EYE. Or maybe I just burst my eyeball from coughing. Whatever it is, my body is my enemy. Not to mention, this heat is really pissing me off. I hope this week goes a bit better. My one eyeball and I are optimistic.

Labels:

5 Comments:

Blogger Darlene said...

Re: Benihana. Did they do a beating heart when someone requested fried rice?? Seems like they teach everyone the same tricks. I want to see something unique and new. Maybe pantomine someone getting the runs after they eat the food.

Sunday, June 22, 2008 7:18:00 PM  
Blogger justJENN said...

YES!! I swear in all these years I have never seen that and I wanted to puke up my shrimp appetizer. The kids thought it was fan-freakin-tastic and won't stop talking about the beating heart. Blech.

Sunday, June 22, 2008 7:34:00 PM  
Blogger Sarah said...

So sorry that you're still sick. I really hope you get better soon.

Sunday, June 22, 2008 7:48:00 PM  
Anonymous myra said...

We just went to Tanaka of Tokyo on Saturday and as soon as the chef arrived the boy asked him to do the onion volcano.

Hope the pink eye goes away asap!

Monday, June 23, 2008 3:42:00 PM  
Anonymous Ally said...

Oh, my goodness, this heat is killing me. I had the worst migraine because of the heat. Ugh. I actually wore my sunglasses inside all day at work today because there was just too much light and the pain was still there. The people at work just didn't get it...but I run the place so I can do what I want. :)

Monday, June 23, 2008 9:20:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home