Sunday, June 01, 2008

No bull.

This weekend I went to BEA, Book Expo America - with Jodi. It was a lot of fun, and quite inspiring. I met up with two blogger friends I've 'known' for quite some time - first, Jen from Quarter Life Crisis. Despite having to work the show, we had a lovely chat. It was nice to be able to talk face face to face with someone whose life you have read about, and who has read about yours. It felt very comfortable. Hopefully we can get together again when we can go out and have a proper chat, away from work.Then I visited John and Bully over at the Norton booth. Bully believes Comics Oughta Be Fun, and I think he's right. Bully was soft and cute and reminded me of the Kid's HaHa. Since I was meeting Bully I made up some treats. What every little stuffed bull would want, cookies 'n' cream cupcakes, with chocolate sour cream frosting and...

...his own little face right there on the cupcake. As with a lot of my baked good ideas, I did little sketches first, then worked it out. I think they turned out pretty well. The kids got into it and made Bullys of their own, well - the Kid did, the Baby just jammed the ball of fondant in his mouth. D'oh. So much for creativity.

It was nice to up with friends, maybe next time we can spend more time together, and hopefully they enjoyed their cupcakes.Cookies 'n' Cream cupcakes
Chocolate sour cream frosting
Fondant Bullys

Labels:

5 Comments:

Blogger Bully said...

You are truly the best! I loved meeting you and I love my cupcakes! I was doing the happy dance all day long. (And that's not easy with hooves.)

Sunday, June 01, 2008 9:01:00 PM  
Blogger Jodi said...

I just ate one of the cupcakes. YUM.

Sunday, June 01, 2008 9:37:00 PM  
Blogger Bully said...

Hi Jodi! It was great meeting you too!

Sunday, June 01, 2008 10:32:00 PM  
Blogger mamafabun said...

My mom was working at the Book Expo, too!

Monday, June 02, 2008 7:08:00 AM  
Blogger Sizzle said...

Those cupcakes are awesome! And bonus you got to meet Jenifer too. Lucky. :)

Monday, June 02, 2008 7:31:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home