Tuesday, June 03, 2008

Phoebe:She got the recipe from her grandmother, Nestlé Toulouse.
Monica:Nestle Toll House?
Phoebe:Americans always butcher the French language.

Once again I am hitting up the old Ratatouille cookbook for blog inspiration. This here is a real, not very 'kid' recipe. In fact it's GREAT for an adult dinner party. It is the only recipe written in the book by one Mr. Thomas Keller. Thomas Keller, cooking advisor to the film, best chef in the country, owner of the reknown The French Laundry. That Thomas Keller.
The recipe calls for THREE STICKS OF BUTTER. I think even Paula Deen would be like "OH HELLZ NO." It's a lot. But you don't...feel it, honest! Obviously this is not an 'eat everyday' kinda recipe, but it makes for a great special dessert. This recipe is fantastic. Simple, but rich and fulfilling. Outstanding with a side of homemade ice cream.

I used my new liners rather than follow the recipe, and they turned out even better if you ask me.I've had the pleasure of tasting Thomas Keller's food, and yes, it is that fantastic. This recipe is just as amazing. I know, you're sick of hearing about the Ratatouille cookbook. Don't worry folks, just one more post and I'm done pimping it, seriously. I get no money for it, but I keep saying, buy this book. Your kids and your tummy will thank you.

Thomas Keller's Chocolate Bouchons.

Labels: ,

7 Comments:

Blogger xtena said...

omg, that looks yum yum

Tuesday, June 03, 2008 8:11:00 PM  
Blogger Jodi said...

This comment has been removed by the author.

Tuesday, June 03, 2008 10:43:00 PM  
Blogger dapotato said...

best food-centered episode.

those look good, and i actually have everything in my pantry to make them.

Wednesday, June 04, 2008 12:09:00 AM  
Anonymous Hilary said...

Doesn't bouchon mean cork? A chocolate cork?

Those wacky French!

Wednesday, June 04, 2008 12:02:00 PM  
Blogger Christie said...

Okay, now I just went and bought it you book pimp. With shipping under $10 what a deal!

Wednesday, June 04, 2008 7:49:00 PM  
Blogger dee said...

i totally bought that book for my son this past christmas, but it was really for me. sadly,i seem to do that alot...

Thursday, June 05, 2008 4:10:00 PM  
Blogger rosemary said...

Where did you get those liners?

Monday, March 01, 2010 3:33:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home