Thursday, June 19, 2008

This is my ninth sick day this semester. If I go for ten, I'm probably gonna have to barf up a lung.

I am sick. Scratch that. I have the death virus. In the past 24 hours I've had 4 nosebleeds just from coughing. I have my own personal little Outbreak Monkey - aka the Kid, to thank. Meanwhile he seems to be doing fine, the virus must mutate when it hits people over 40 inches tall.

There's nothing worse than a summer cold. At least in the winter you can curl up with a blankie and some hot chocolate. But in the summer? All you can do is sweat. Especially in this heat. Lord, do I hate sweating. I have a client who wants to install a steam sauna and I'm like - WHY. Unless I am exercising I see no reason to sweat. Ugh. The heat.

In a weird fit I went through my closet and threw out half of my shoes. When I got pregnant I went up to a size 8. Then for two years down to a size 7. Now I am back to a size 6.5. What the heck. If anyone wants some barely worn size 7s they are all yours. I'm sure it's the combination heat/death virus that is causing me not to think straight. I wonder what else I threw out. I better check on the kid's birth certificates, tout de suite.

Labels: ,

7 Comments:

Blogger Sarah said...

I think the virus mutates in those who don't stop and rest to get better (yes, I'm being your mom).

Oh and I work on the sun apparently, as the article mentions. It felt hot but I had no idea it was that bad.

Thursday, June 19, 2008 4:23:00 PM  
Blogger Sizzle said...

I hate sweating. Why do you think I live in Seattle? I don't have to sweat unless it is on purpose. I don't understand saunas. They make me pass out.

I sincerely hope you feel better soon!

Thursday, June 19, 2008 4:26:00 PM  
Blogger Our Man Horn said...

Don't read Stephen King's "The Stand."

Hope you get better in time for SDCCI; D and I both usually end up feeling like crap for 1-4 days afterward.

Thursday, June 19, 2008 5:05:00 PM  
Blogger jami said...

Hope you feel better. No better time for Netflix!

Thursday, June 19, 2008 8:21:00 PM  
Anonymous Hilary said...

I hope you feel better!

p.s. I think Gwen Stefani is secretly stalking the Baking Mafia. She was eating dinner next to me and my sister tonight. Tell Nanette and Jami to watch out...they're next.

Thursday, June 19, 2008 9:23:00 PM  
Blogger Jodi said...

Hmmm...I'm usually a 6.5, but depending on the style, I sometimes take a 7. We'll talk.

P.S. Get well very soon!

Friday, June 20, 2008 1:45:00 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

oh to have smaller feet - cause you have cute shoes.

why can't you guys get average run of the mill illness?

-kat

Friday, June 20, 2008 2:25:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home