Monday, June 30, 2008

To infinity and beyond

The point of our two day Disneyland excursion (minus the ER visit) was to see the new Toy Story Ride. I have friends that work for Disney that said it was fantastic. Usually I stay far and clear from new rides until the frenzy dies down, but since we had a hotel room, I had a plan. Get to the park exactly when it opened avoid the lines. A great plan - to a point. DisneyLAND opened at 8am - California (where Toy Story is) opened at 10. Lame. I stuck to the plan anyway, and got the kids into the park exactly at 8am, and you know what? TOTAL SUCCESS. No lines for an hour straight. We walked onto everything with no wait at all AND had a good breakfast.Eventually we headed to California where we did wait an hour for Toy Story - I'm almost sure this is what killed me and landed me in the ER. It was so damn hot that day, and I was just exhausted. In any case I told the kids that "Disneyland made mommy sick, and we're never coming back." I was the only one laughing, but hey, I thought it was funny.
The technology for this new ride is amazing, it truly is 4D, believe it or not. They've also implemented new actions into this Mr. Potato Head greeter, who can see and talk to you - but that's not the amazing thing, he can actually pull off his body parts (ears) and put them back in...when it works. Of course it broke right when we were standing there, but to see these things finally in action after reading about them for so long, is was amazing. Love them or not, Disneyland is always at the forefront of technology.

Readers always write to me and ask me for ideas on surviving Disneyland, since I go there so often. I've actually compiled a full list, and usually just email it to them when asked. I should probably post it someday. Sadly, our stay-cation is over. Except for the dying and all, it was a lovely weekend. Today I went to the doctor to follow up my ER visit. The diagnosis?

"I don't know what's wrong, I don't have radar glasses."
"You know women's bodies, WHO KNOWS."
"Maybe you should poop."
"Come back when it happens again."

Ok, the doctor didn't have the best bedside manner, but still. If I wake up tomorrow it will be a miracle.

More Disneyland stay-cation pics, here.

Labels: ,

5 Comments:

OpenID flurogoddess said...

Bummer about your ER visit.

Disneyland looks fun though!

Tuesday, July 01, 2008 2:07:00 AM  
Blogger a n n e said...

We didn't even get to ride the Toy Story ride and we were there for 3 days! It was sooooooooooooo hot when we went we couldn't deal with the weather and crowds! Thanks for the tips btw - I went to PCH and got my rice fill :)

Tuesday, July 01, 2008 7:19:00 AM  
Blogger Lady Librarian said...

Sounds like you have my old doctor, the one who told me rum wasn't alcoholic. Hope you get better soon!

Tuesday, July 01, 2008 7:47:00 AM  
Blogger Sarah said...

My doctor frequently gives me a "REALLY?! That's weird."

Tuesday, July 01, 2008 8:28:00 AM  
Blogger Jodi said...

I'm dying to go on the Toy Story ride!

Tuesday, July 01, 2008 8:45:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home