Sunday, June 29, 2008

Vacation have to get away

Stay-cation. It's the 'it' term of the moment and something I've been doing for years anyway, that is taking vacation, locally. What with the gas and airline prices the way they are, there's no where to go...but home, anyway. My mom had a hotel in Anaheim for a convention, which means two things, Disneyland and a free babysitter.

The first night we didn't even go into the park. The kids were none the wiser. Well, that's not true, but I assured them that we'd go in early the next morning, so we just hung around Downtown Disney, enjoyed the music, had dinner and ate treats of course. What's vacation without treats?
Personally, I just enjoyed just standing in front of the candy makers window and watching the magic happen. I could stand there for hours watching them work. Mmm. Caramel.
Back to the hotel, kids in bed and then back out to the movies. This is vacation, baby! I have always had a love of the Hulk, but I didn't know if I would love a $14 movie's worth of him. It turned out to be very good, just well done all around. I'm not a snob about movies, I just want to be entertained. And I was. But with all movies like that I wondered, 'Who's going to clean all that up? Who's going to rebuild the city??' The important questions.
Speaking of rebuilding, the kids wanted to see Wall-E earlier in the day. Er. It was good, no really. Robots. Space. I love that crap. The boys were over it about 40 mins in, but I forced them to stick it out because I still haven't seen the end of Ratatouille dammit, so I need to finish something. It was visually stunning but I felt like...it was way preachy. I get it. We're fat. We destroy everything that is good. GOT IT. Through most of the movie the kids were all, 'I WAN MY HOT DOG. Let's go home.' Course now that it's over they can't stop talking about how great it was. Maybe they mean the hot dog.

As with most of my vacation stories, this one too ends in tragedy, as I ended up in the ER today, once again. Sigh. My body won't give up until it puts me out of my misery. But that's another story for another day. Tomorrow, more on the whole POINT of the stay-cation in the first place...

Labels:

5 Comments:

Blogger Sarah said...

That sounds SO fun, aside from the ER :( All my CWs were at the same convention and I was jealous they were even in Disneyland proximity.

I got that preachy vibe from just the Wall-E previews. Good to know ahaead of time.

Monday, June 30, 2008 8:19:00 AM  
Blogger Jodi said...

I love Wall-E and I also really enjoyed The Hulk too--probably more than Hellboy II, but then I grew up with big green dude on tv and the current movie really is a sequel to the tv show.

Monday, June 30, 2008 9:40:00 AM  
Blogger Margo said...

I'll be at Disney World starting Saturday for a conference. Funny you posted a picture of those apples...Downtown Disney is my first stop for a custom caramel apple.

Monday, June 30, 2008 10:25:00 AM  
Blogger mrsmogul said...

I love CARAMEL APPLES!!! THe last time was a few years ago in Boston sigh!

Monday, June 30, 2008 12:30:00 PM  
Anonymous Anselm said...

Thank you for your post, pretty helpful material.
dental assistant jobs | radiology technician salary | student grants for college

Tuesday, February 21, 2012 7:02:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home